Friday, June 5, 2009

"salsa, salsa"

I am also addicted to salsa.
Only good salsa.
I actually am a salsa snob.
Very picky and hate "store bought, non-fresh salsa".
So I was blog surfing the other night and saw this recipe.
Looked easy enough. But I was skeptical. Have tried lots of recipies and been disappointed.
This one does not disappoint! Claims to be the best homemade salsa ever.
Agreed.
Bought the ingredients and roasted up my veggies when I got home from work today.
OMG.
I halved the recipe incase it wasnt good. Still made a lot. Even though I cut the recipe in half. Was pretty hot for me. Next time I would not use as many peppers as it calls for. Or maybe scrape out the seeds. And use gloves next time. Would use a little less cilantro also. Only like a little for flavor, but not to overpower.
Loved the texture and flavor was awesome.
The "roasting" brings out such yummy-ness. Since I am a wimp, I mixed some sour cream to "tone down the heat" and I was in heaven. SO GOOD. Can't wait to make another batch.

2 comments:

Susanne P. said...

scraping the seeds would help a lot. maybe only do it on 2/3 or 1/2 of them. and DEF use gloves.

i never thought of roasting the veggies. but then i tend to like pico de gallo better than salsa. and cilantro....shut up! it is the bomb. i always add lots. bailey doesn't really like pico but cj and i love it and he is a cilantro addict like me.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you liked it!! It's a permanent staple in my house. :)