Friday, December 25, 2009

"Mary Christmas 2009"

We had a pretty low key Christmas this year. Just how I like it!
Christmas Eve we had Grandpa and Grandma Mary over. Kids opened their gift from them and we ate yummy snacks. I did a lot of "sem-homemade" this year.
I did the traditional new pajamas for Christmas Eve for all of us. The kids are getting bigger than I realized because both of theirs were too small. My babies are growing up! We snuggled in and watched How the grinch stole Christmas. Had root beer floats and were all ready for bed early. My jammies fit! Tyler and I were trying to stay awake for the movie. I saw "most" of it. ha! We never did get our gingerbread houses made. Oh, well. Maybe for new years.
I set up an awesome bar for Christmas Eve and Christmas day. (with family around you need it. ha ha!)
My semi-homemade scones. (who am I kidding. I bought them from Starbucks and they were yummy blueberry). Delicious..Me and my girl. She was annoyed that I was taking so many pics. Too bad. I'm the mom. I will take as many as I want!
Tylers first ever $100 bill.(it's real. I didn't get presents like that when I was younger!) Grandma and Grandpa Mac are in Arizona and couldn't be here but they sent gifts! Missed you guys :)
My boys. :) Daddy was a little grinchy this morning. But he snapped out of it. And cooked a delicious prime rib for dinner. KayDee, Brandi, Colton and Grandma and Grandpa Mary came over for dinner. Kept it simple. So good.Ahhhhh.........Christmas morning. My favorite.
Nicole took forever to get ready. I let her sleep in until 9:30 am. Funny how when they get older you have to WAKE them up for Christmas morning. Tyler was just content with his stocking stuff until she got up. Made coffee and ate scones and fruit. I bought her some beautiful new makeup brushes (so she would stay out of mine). Unfortunately it didn't help her get ready any faster! But she did look beautiful... (and her personal hairstylist did her hair for her at her request).

I love my family!

My tree. Scrawny but free. Thanks dad. Heard it was quite an ordeal. Once I got it decorated we all loved it.
The aftermath....................

Missed my sis Donna and her family. They stayed home and relaxed too. Shout out to Gunner and Drake. Love you, Merry Christmas......... (notice Tyler's hat? he has defected to the other side.)
Nicole was done with me taking pictures. ha!
I got an awesome new Nikon Coolpix camera from LeRoy and the kids. SO EXITED! I can't wait to figure it out and start using it. Nicole was excited cause she gets this camera.
Kids got Oral-B electric toothbrushes. They brushed their teeth 10 times last night. How funny that was "the gift" they were both so happy about?????
My camera was awesome but I got an even better gift than that.
My 14 year old daughter had 2 teeth pulled the day before yesterday for her ortho treatment and the dentist gave them to her in a little plastic box and she wrapped them up and gave them to me for Christmas. Hilarious. We have the same sense of humor. Would have been even better if they were her 2 front teeth....................................

Over all. Christmas was good.

Everyones healthy (minus a few teeth). Tree didn't burn down. Dishes are done. Boxes and paper are out in recycle. Tyler went to grandma and grandpa's. Nicole went over to Cassandra's to exchange gifts. Still listening to Christmas music. My buzz is wearing off (ha ha). Tomorrow tree is coming down. Can't wait to work out. Christmas is over...............................until next year.

No comments: