Monday, October 3, 2011

"Maui.....Sept. 20, 2011"

Up early! We decided today we wanted a beach day. And snorkel.



Found our spot and rented our gear. (oh, and snacks and a book for later)



We were out snorkeling in the Pacific Ocean by 9:00 am.

I was a little nervous at first. I don't like my nose being sucked to my face and thinking I can breathe! It took a little getting used to. And the water wasn't quite bath-water warm at 9:00 am. So I eased my way in. And once I got it...........it was amazing............peaceful......

Swimming in the ocean with my husband. It was so quiet and (semi) calm (kinda windy). We looked at fish and held hands.........I felt very safe and at ease by that point. Very good bonding moment with my husband.........

We survived and were starving so we layed around for awhile and then went to lunch.





We went into Lahaina and checked out Banyan Tree Park.

Walked down on the waterfront.



Neat open air bars.

Shinannaghans.......

And found our favorite place to eat! Aloha Mixed Plate. Great food. Great view. The locals go there and it's inexpensive. We went back more than once. Chow funn noodles were amazing. Deep fried carmel banana cheesecake was amazing. Local food was amazing.

Wish we would have found it earlier in the week.



Made it back to our place for sunset. And a movie by the pool.



A glass of wine...........and night, night.

No comments: