Thursday, November 17, 2011

"Cheadle Challenge............"

So my older sister Donna texts me last month and asks: "Do you want to do the Cheadle Challenge in November with me? It's like the Warrior Dash.....a 5k with obstacles..........like water, and mud and fire and other crazy stuff."

Me: "No thanks..........I'm good, but thanks for asking!!!"

Donna: "It will be FUN!"

Me: "No, still good............................." "And I don't want to be cleaning mud out of my ears and other places for the next week."

Donna: "Your are going to be jealous on race day when you aren't doing it with us."

Me: "Nope, I'm pretty sure I will be happy being a spectator!"

So her son Drake was gonna do it with her. Some scheduling conflict with football kept him from the "fun". So our sister-in-law Brandi stepped up and took his place. She was actually excited. Really excited. And these two decided to dress up crazy and wear tiaras. The fact that they both wore tiaras was exciting to me! My sister and I went to the Goodwill looking for something fun to wear. (see, I'm a team player! Helped with the shopping!) And I was a supportive sister and got up early on the day of the race (made Nicole get out of bed and go with me!) and went to Lebanon and took pictures and laughed at them.I stayed clean. And dry (thank goodness for no rain! but was freezing cold!). And wore my cute rain boots. And am still happy that they had pink fuzzy tiaras.................

We get to Cheadle Lake and me and Nicole and my younger sister KayDee scoped out the coarse. We figured we could get from one obstacle to another if we were fast and ran to beat them there. Ummmm.......did I mention I was wearing rubber rainboots? Not real easy to run in. But I made it and got some good pics of the girls being awesome.

But remind me again why this would be fun?I am proud of them for completing the entire race. And every single obstacle. Donna was nervous about the walls. She did great! Up and over!!!



Brandi kicked butt too..................She looks like spider-woman jumping over that wall...


We are the cheering section! We got bored waiting for them before they came to the big mountain of dirt. So we entertained ourselves. And took silly pics. I had fun hanging with my daughter and little sister...........

Random pics. I love to have other people cameras and when they look at the pics later they say "WTF?" ahahhahahaha.............

Remind me again why this would be fun?

It was a fun family bonding day! Got to hang out with some of my favorite girls. Donna and Brandi were stoked about the race. Good job girls!


The celebrated and had an afterparty in the parking lot. (lets just say schnapp's, 5k, all before noon............interesting!!!)And they are still wearing their tiaras!




Sisterly bonding.............

After they got all cleaned up (well kinda) we all went out for mexican food.

Fun saturday! (and I'm not sure why half of these photos had 11/11/11 on them and half had 11/12/11........it did kind seem like a long day!)

No comments: