Tuesday, November 29, 2011

"Eagle Crest........2011"

Our annual trip for Thanksgiving!
We have been coming to Eagle Crest for 14 years in a row. It's a family tradition.

We had a cabin this year instead of a condo and it was great but not quite the same as our usual and we weren't as close to the sports center and lodge. But we still had fun! (and had a hot tub!)And I got some great impromptu pics. We were waiting to go to dinner for Grandma Mary's birthday and of coarse I rounded everyone up for some pictures! The kids didn't even complain like they usually do! (maybe they did and I just chose to ignore it?! not sure, but got some great family pics anyways........someday they will appreciate it).


Thanksgiving morning we had some visitors! My dad and sister KayDee came by. They brought us a newspaper for black friday and ate breakfast and had coffee with us! Nice to see them. A lot of my extended family were staying at my Aunt Sherri's vacation home in Tollgate. We did a very untraditional Thanksgiving dinner this year. Surf and turf. Steak and shrimp, crusty bread and veggies. So good. I'm not a big fan of turkey or making that much food at one time, or all the dishes to clean up later. We kept it easy and delicious! My family was fine with that!

We didn't relax as much as I would have liked. Didn't read much at all. Not sure I got much sleep either. Too much to do! LeRoy would have like to chill out more..............but we had too much playing to do.........

Thanksgiving evening we loaded up and returned the visit to my dad and KayDee and the rest of my family at Tollgate for dessert and some family bonding..........we pull in the driveway and most of the girls (mom, Brandi, Meghann, Angela, Amber) were in the car ready to go shopping..........literally backing out of the driveway! What the heck?!?! We come all this way to visit and they are shopping on Thanksgiving? Whatever! My sister KayDee and Aunt Sherri stayed and were fun (and nice to stay!) Those mean girls left for 4 hours! So I ate pie and was crafty and bedazzled stuff with Emma.....they left all the boys and husbands too................we just annoyed them by being loud......Emma and I did fun crafts for 3 hours!! Colored, glued, rhinestoned anything we could find!


With all of our Eagle Crest adventures and traditions.........................Tyler loves the sports center.

Obsessed with it. Always wanting to go play video games, play pool, swim, raquetball, ping pong, air hockey!

So he played a few games of pool with his dad. All macho and all.........and then says "mom, I want to play you a game next". Thinking he would school me in pool.............ahahhaahhahaahaaaa....I think I surprised him and had some great shots that he called them all "luck". I won both games.

And our annual raquetball shinnanaghans.................. (it's our "thing")

Tyler has gotten better as the years go on. We laugh. And laugh. And laugh.

Especially when the ball hits the wall and bounces off and hits me in the back of the head. Tyler thinks that is especially funny. And when all the quarters in his pocket come flying out when he jumps for a ball. And when we miss a ball and almost fall over..................that's all kinda funny.............we don't have rules or keep track of points..............just fun..............



This kid makes me laugh................

No snow this year! We were kind of slackers in the work out department this year too. But we made up for it shopping. Not black friday shopping. Goodwill shopping!! Redmond and Bend had lots of treasures (I got lots of cute, new Christmas decor, will post later).

Got some good pics of the kids. Unplanned pictures are so much less stress!!

I love hanging out with the kids when I have them all to myself!

One night we met up with the rest of the crew/family in Bend to go bowling. OMG. What a crazy fun time. Especially when they turned off the lights for Cosmic bowl with the loud music. The kids had fun! (Nicole, Tyler, Colton)The motley bowling crew.............




Always shinnanaghans when Aunt KayDee and Brandi are around...................



The boys just can't keep up with us! Tyler looks like he hasn't slept in days......... ahahahahah

And we made our annual Walmart trip late at night..........(I don't think she would qualify for "the people of Walmart page") Went out for pizza. Mini golfed. Drove around. Looked at the lights. Went to Sherri's house in Tollgate. Came home on Sunday and decorated my entire house (except the tree!) for Christmas! I'm exhausted and need some rest!!!

No comments: