Thursday, April 26, 2012

"the Yahoo 5k"

 So my sister-in law Brandi texts me last Thursday and says "what are you doing tomorrow nite (Friday)? My response was "probably nothing, what did you have in mind?" She said "how about dinner and a movie or drinks". I said "lets get a hold of Donna and see if she is in." Brandi had already texted her too. So what to do????? Well I'm eating really healthy and no alcoholic calories (boo!). So I suggested we stay IN! They can come over after we all get off work. We can go on a walk and eat healthy dinner and watch movies. I asked Nicole if she wanted to join in our festivities and she said "not with all of you 3 Yahoos". What the heck does that mean? Oh, that she has been in public with us and knows how we act! ahahhahahah.......(but I think she had other plans with her friends and they were a better offer. oh well). So the other 2 Yahoos came over after work. We decided we didn't get to eat until we exercised. What a beautiful night for a walk. I mean 5K. We joke all the time that we pay money for organized 5k's (but they are fundraisers for a good cause!) but generally walk that far on a daily basis. But we had way more shinnanghens on this one! And were a little slower due to all the photo ops...... (I'm not really sure what Donna is doing? Is she going to jump?) She usually needs to be supervised. (love ya!)


But it looks like I do too because I thought I could catch a duck for a picture! I chased it until it took off flying. I was really running...........(if you ever see me running call the police because I am probably being chased........cause I don't run unless I have too.......)
And I thought it would be funny to take a picture of Brandi like a "senior portrait". We really did walk at a brisk pace (when we weren't being silly taking pics!) And did walk a legit 5k! Had some good laughs. Got some exercise and bonding time! Nicole missed out!
 We had to get a pic of me and Donna from our old middle school! (Nicole went there too). And since we are being healthy....................I made MOCKTAILS instead of cocktails! Faux margaritas!  I got out my real margarita glasses. And salt and limes with our "margarita" crystal lite! NO CALORIES! So we earned our dinner. Got healthy salads. I cut up fruit. We had our "drinks" and then got cozy on the couch and watched a movie. Good times.............(and funny that I blog the most normal/everyday events........because every day should be fun! an adventure! fun with family! I like to try and enjoy every day (doesn't always happen! lets get real here)......laugh and create shinnaneghans..........until next time girls!


No comments: