Sunday, July 29, 2012

"Best day EVVVEEEERRRRRR!!!!!"

 BEST DAY EVVVEEEERRRRRRRR.........was the motto of the day! I got a text from my sister KayDee about 11:00 am Saturday morning. "Do you and Tyler want to go to the lake today in my boat? We are leaving in an hour". Here at home it was cloudy and cool. She said it will clear up and the lake will be nice. Ok!!! Find some snacks. Find a swimsuit (yikes!). Get Tyler out of bed! ASAP! Then I get a call from my darling newphew Drake "Aunt Missy, can you come pick me up on your way to the lake?" Sure! Be ready I will be there soon! (Nicole and LeRoy had to work. Donna was busy and Gunner was fishing, so it ended up being this motley crue).
 OMG........what a great day! Had so much fun. Shinnaneghins. Lots of pics of coarse. Junk food and relaxing. Thanks so much girls for taking us! The boys had a blast. No one got sunburnt. (I use the highest SPF sunscreen you can buy and Brandi uses baby oil. ahahahahaaaa.......I have white skin that I don't want to fry like a chicken!)
 Tyler was so happy his cousin Drake came too.
 We ended up at Green Peter Lake. Was windy when we got there. Boat launch went off without a hitch.  Brandi backed to boat down the launch and did great!Weather turned nice. Boys swam and swam and swam. We just hung out and visited and listened to music. KayDee is antsy-pantsy and doesn't sit still very well. She kept asking everyone if we wanted to ski or tube or wakeboard...............we were all happy just hanging out......and drifting...........



 Alot of napping too.............

 KayDee...........................WHAT are you doing???!!!!!!!!! Oh.........I think we all know! ha!
 As afternoon turned into evening the wind had finally settled down. We went up to an arm of the lake towards Quartsville..................de ja vu of my childhood.................the early evening on the lake...the wind had settled so the lake was smooth as glass.......the smell of campfire.........the scenery (we used to camp right by this bridge!)........and Drake decided to be brave and try out the wakeboard for the 1st time.
 Here we go! Was cool that Aunt KayDee and Brandi were teaching him. Also reminded me of when I learned to water ski back in the day................
 He never really got up. This pic looks like he did....................he looks pretty cool!
 But it was more of this............................he put in a great effort and I think was a little frustrated that he didn't get up. He is an awesome athlete and young and is good at everything. So to not master it right off was frustrating for him. He got tired and we called it a day. I told him next time he will get it! A+ for effort!
 I love the fast boat rides.............hang on cause KayDee is driving!
 At little more napping (I think her mouth is open!)
 A little bonding with my family.........
 At lot of silly (I believe in this pic we were driving really fast...............why weren't her hands on the wheel????????!!!!!!!!)


 This pic pretty much sums these two up................
 BEST DAY EVVVVEEEEERRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks again for the great day!!!!
(and as a sidenote******)
*******we only lost one lifejacket! But recovered it later.....................her friends boat ran out of gas.........and poor Brandi lost her bling diamond ring in the lake. I felt so bad for her!!!! I think i felt her heart sink as her ring sank into the bottom of the lake.............

No comments: