Tuesday, February 10, 2009

"seaside"

We went to Seaside, OR for a basketball tournament for Nicole's team. It was a fun weekend. (I will leave the annoying parts out, since that is negative, and I don't want to be negative, really I do, but I will be nice.)
Ok, a few annoying things.
Uber-moms, other peoples kids (not all), domestic violence in the room next to ours, giant-money-sucking-loud-obnoxious-arcade, fast food, too many carbs, non-smoking room that smelled like stale smoke, continental breakfast that was gone by 8:30 (well, not if you count the shriveled up orange), bleacher butt.
Ok, it was not all a bust. Now the good stuff.
Weather was BEAUTIFUL on Saturday. It was windy and a little cold, but the sun was shining. Went down on the boardwalk and walked around. Kids played on the beach. Took my girls (Nicole, Jazz, Kookie) to lunch. Girls won 2 games, lost 2 games. Had a few margaritas. Loved the cute, quaint town of Seaside. So typical of my kids. Being silly. But I love it.
Tyler and I rode the carousel in the mall. His was an angry ostrich. He looks a little scary himself. I rode a nice white pony.

Me and my friend Cherie. We didn't shop together, but ended up with the same sweatshirts, just in a different color!


Emily, Cassandra, Nicole and Jasmine at the beach.


Tyler couldn't wait to take off his shoes and play in the sand. And get dirty. He looks so young and little to me in this pic. Like the olden days.


Here is most of the team. We lost a few in this pic. It was freezing on Sunday and of course my daughter was the only one not wearing a sweatshirt.


We took this same picture of them two years ago in the 6th grade. My how they have grown. Of course Nicole doesn't have her sweatshirt on. She is #14. Her last name is "Mary". tee hee.


4 comments:

{marie} said...

what great pics! ummm....so.....did you buy the flippin' "lifeguard" sweatshirt in every color? i think at dinner tonight you had a red one on. where's mine?

Donna said...

Sounds like fun, glad the weather was good for you. I can't believe I am gonna say this, but I kinda miss tournament weekends (I will need to be reminded of that this summer!), but they are fun times.

I go back to work on the 23rd (feb) do I need a trim or anything ya think?.....would have to be next week if so. Even starting to think about maybe I need some product! (GASP!)

Missy said...

Kam-Ummmm.... sorry. I should have called you about the sweatshirts. I thought about it but thought you probably already had one because you have been there so many times. But then I should have known better because I know what your entire wardrobe looks like. LeRoy bought me the red one the morning we left.
Donna- I will check my schedule next week for hair!

Sunny said...

Looks like you had a great time! I sure miss going to the coast!