Thursday, February 12, 2009

"you've got to be kidding me"

Ok, before I go on about my ridiculous day, I tried to find a picture that made me laugh. I wasn't hard. This is my son (9) taken just a few weeks ago. It was late on a weekend and Nicole and her friends and I were being silly, and poor Tyler went along for the ride. French braids, Dorthy halloween costume, and a picture as proof. Poor kid. We probably ruined him for life. This morning started off on the wrong foot.
Hot water heater went out. Not good considering our household has NO EXTRA time to spare in the morning for anything to go wrong. CHAOS could have ensued, but..............
I stayed very calm and decided to call grandma (only lives a few miles away) and packed up the kids and their stuff and we headed over there to take showers. Poor LeRoy braved the FREEZING water and took one at home because he had to get to our 2nd job doing the flowers at Costco (a post to come later). I was supposed to go with him and help before going to my REAL job, but I had to get the kids ready for school and get ready for my 9:00 am appt.
Then Tyler forgot his library book. Handled it. Got kids to school on time and I got to work on time fairly presentable.
Worked a very long day. Came home, cooked dinner, dishes, got girls off to basketball practice by 7:00 pm and put some dinner in the fridge for LeRoy when he got home. He worked from 7 am to 7 pm at Costco today. Both very tired. Was cleaning off papers from counter while cleaning up the kitchen and found Tyler's list of kids in his class for his Valentines party TOMORROW!
Shitballs.
He needed a valentine box decorated and valentines to fill out. We ran to Walgreens (by now it's 8:30 pm). I went in my sweats and slippers. Whatever. There were about 3 choices. Hello Kitty, High School Musical and Harry Potter. Thank goodness he was ok with Harry Potter. Right now he is filling them out and I need to go pick up Nicole from practice. Oh, and that biotch aunt Flo is in town.
Calgon, take me away............................................

5 comments:

Donna said...

Wait a minute, you went out in your sweats (were they sausage sweats? made ya laugh) and flip flops?! bet you had a bra on though!! That's ok, Drake decided yesterday he wants a B-day party next weekend.....OY!

Missy said...

Fortunatly I don't own sausage sweats. Mine were like black work out pants. And I was wearing slippers with soles. And for everyones safety I was wearing a bra. For me it was pretty hobo, but it's pretty standard for a lot of people. Just felt weird to be out in public not "dressed". Let me know if you are doing anything for Drakes b-day.
I am trying to take a breath. I might have to wait until Sunday.

Susanne P. said...

shitballs...LOL. i haven't heard that one before.

i forgot about the valentines and valentine boxes. that seems like forever ago. i am willing to bet cj did something similiar in forgetting to tell me he needed them. brat!

oh, remember our conversation about madison going to west when cj is a senior? i told him last night that when he is a senior and a totally cute blonde freshman with the last name Hunter comes in he is supposed to STAY AWAY from her. LOL....he says why? i tell him because she is kambria's daughter...'nuf said. he hangs his head, "ok" lol

Sunny said...

Ok...poor, poor Tyler! That picture will sure to come and haunt him someday! He so looks like a girl from the side! Aunt Flo is visiting me as well and just hate it! Cheer up buttercup...just remember things are always worse for someone else! ;o)

Mrs Anne said...

oh em gee.

LEROY... THE NEW COSTCO GUY IS YOUR HUSBAND?????????????

I CALLED HIM AND TALKED TO HIM ABOUT FLOWERS LIKE 5 TIMES LAST WEEK.

holy hell.
small freaking world.