Friday, September 11, 2009

"where do I begin?"

I will start with today and work my way backward thru the week!

First of all. It's Sept. 11. Hard to believe it's been 8 years since that horrible day.

My "baby" is a freshman in high school. When did that happen?
Today was "Rebel Pride" day at school. She wore her red rebel pride tshirt, cute white shorts (and she still has great tanned legs!) and red ribbon in her hair. She really looked like a highschooler today :(
This pic was from last year. She has changed alot since then.
In leadership class they are making posters for the big homecoming football game coming up. They got to pick 2 players to make poster for. She picked Zac Hunter (kam's senior cutie) and Cassandra's bro! Cute. She loves that she know the "seniors". LeRoy turned 40 yesterday!! Happy Birthday!
Funny story. He isn't a "birthday kind of guy". Hence, me going to Vegas without him on my recent birthday. He always says "birthdays are just another day, no big deal".
I always make a big deal about birthdays. I asked him awhile back if he wanted to do something for his "big 40".
He poo-pooed me and said no.
I asked if he wanted me to take him to Vegas. "No, we can't afford it and you just will be getting back". Blah, blah, blah.
So the night before his "big 40th" we were laying in bed and he says "I took the day off work for my birthday". WHAT? Why? It's a Thurday. And Nicole has a volleyball game in Churchill. Oh, and it's a weekday. I usually work on my birthday. Then I said "well, did you want a party?" his response "yeah, that would have been fun." WHAT? Ummm, a little too late since your birthday is in like 2 hours! So he POUTED his entire birthday. I didn't even get him a card or a cake cause he always says it's "a waste of money". So I felt like a jerk all day and guilty for not doing anything. We ended up going to dinner after the v-ball game, but very anti-climatic.
So I decided. Next year I'm having a hell of a party called "Happy 40th +1".
Mark you calenders cause we are having a birthday bash.
Food, music, alcohol, dancers (oh, maybe not dancers, lol). The works. Can't believe he pouted like a 2 year old. (I guess you get cranky when you get old! ha!)

And we survived the 1st week of school! Hard to get everyone back into a routine.
Tyler had "the best 1st day of school EVER"! I was happy to hear that. He loves his school and his teacher (he kind of likes his principal too! :)
Dropping Nicole off her 1st day of high school was kind of like dropping her off the 1st day of kindergarden. Bittersweet.
4 years and she's off to college. I might have gotten a little misty-eyed.
But she's loving every minute and already has homework, volleyball tournaments and games, football games to attend, leadership, new boys on her radar (I'm not thrilled with that one), and in her words "I just want to wear all of my cute new clothes to school". yikes..................
1st day of school. 2009
Jasmine and Nicole.
Tyler.

Need to make sure volleyball uniform is clean and food is packed. Girls have a tourney in Forest Grove tomorrow and have to be at the high school at 5:45 AM! Bus leaves at 6 AM. That's EARLY!!!!!!!!!

No comments: