Thursday, March 25, 2010

"birthday weekend in Newport"

We stayed in an amazing beach house last weekend for Nicole's birthday with her friends. Spring break started on Thursday and after the girls softball game we headed out. Grandma and Grandpa Mary and Tyler drove over with some of the girls because I couldn't fit them, their stuff and all the food in my car! Thankfully they offered and dropped them off and then they drove back home!
Me and 9 teenage girls. I was the only adult.............................. The weather was gorgeous on Friday and we headed down to Nye Beach. We stopped by the dollar store and bought sand buckets, bat and ball, kites, bunny ears! and bubbles.
We brought blankets. An ice chest full of food and sandwiches and snacks.
Everyone was barefoot and the sun was shining.
What a perfect day.........
Nicole had the time of her life. Everyone had so much fun.
No drama. No gossiping. The girls were lovely............................................................

They laughed and giggled (and farted!) all night. I finally went to bed at 2 am and they were still up talking and laughing. The best part was the NO DRAMA......
Hard to believe you get 9 teenage girls together for a weekend and NONE. Such a great group. I love these girls. I kind of hung back a little and just observed! And cooked! They loved it. I made them homemade bread, granola,pasta, tacos/burritos. I really could live in this house. And the kitchen was to die for, as you can see.





This is the view out the front.............................................amazing. On the bay side on the waterfront. Great view of the boats, bay and the bridge.



This little spot was my morning happy place. Made coffee before all the sleepy heads woke up. Toasted half a bagel and enjoyed the fabulous view. So enjoyable.
I didn't really "relax". Probably because I was totally responsible for all those girls. But was very fun.

I really hope all of these girls continue to stay friends thru high school and beyond. Can't really ask for a better group :)



I messed with my camera a little. I changed the setting to "beach" and the pics really are clearer. I'm starting to figure it out. Got some great pics....


We walked down on the boardwalk right in front of the house. It was almost dusk and they all were in their jammie pants. So cute.

There was a lot of picture taking going on..................... funny............

My "dusk" setting on my camera. So amazing...........





I am so happy my daughter lets me in her "teenage" life and wants me around. She bonded with her girlfriends. Bonded with her mom. Had a great experience and had a birthday weekend to remember. After I dropped the girls off on Saturday I picked up LeRoy and Tyler and Gma and Gpa Mary and we all went back to the house for 2 more days. Hope we can do it again.

Right now I am sitting in a hotel room in Coos Bay with the laptop. The softball team has (had) a doubleheader planned for tomorrow. The weather is terrible. Windy. Rainy. Cold.

Will probably get rained out :( The teams (J.V and Varsity) are staying at Motel 6. ummmm....no thanks! I'm next door at the Red Lion (and they have free WiFi). I've stayed in my share of crappy motels. It was only $30 more for the Red Lion. I just did an extra haircut this week to make up the difference! ha ha! All the players and parents just got back from dinner. LeRoy and Tyler and I are all cozy in our jammies. Tyler's watching TV. LeRoy is reading and I'm bloggin. (finally).

I really want to watch the girls play. I worked part of the week (way too many hours!) but am happy to be able to take a few days to be with my kids over spring break.

I haven't forgotten about the Sadie Hawkins pictures yet! Just figured out my camera transfer. I got the coast pics done! Hope to have some pics from softball this weekend................

No comments: