Saturday, March 6, 2010

"mom, why don't you just stay in your jammies all day like me?"

says my 10 year old son................................
Well son................mommy has lots of things to do and I have to get dressed and get stuff done. So cute. Too bad I can't stay in my jammies all day :)
It was a gorgeous day today. The sun was shining and the birds were singing.
I took this picture this morning (out of my sunroof, not while driving, I did stop in the middle of the road!) after I dropped Nicole off at softball practice at 9:30 am..(on a Saturday??)
I took the same exact picture yesterday morning at 7:15 am but it wasn't as sunny! I drive down this street several times a day. It is the road that connects us to the high school. I seem to go there at least 6 to 25 times a day. Everyday.......
Yesterday I saw a cute little daffodil stand with flowers for sale. I saw it again this morning. I wanted to stop and buy some for a friend and figured I would have time after I dropped the girls off at the high school for the 2nd time today (varsity boys basketball made playoff and they rode the rooter bus to Portland. fun!!). So I drive down Columbus (this street) slowly looking for the flower stand.
Turn around.
Look harder.
Turn around.
Now mind you, I drive down this street EVERY SINGLE DAY. Sometimes I do take Geary Street depending on which side of the high school we are going. So I thought, hmmmm, maybe the flower stand was on Geary??? I did go that way this morning and back home on Columbus? Sure enough. Right on Geary St. was my little flower stand. If I wouldn't have felt so embarrassed with myself I would have thought to take a picture of it with my phone. I payed for my flowers and got out of there.
Because,, I was thinking I was going to have to steal some out of the neighbors yard! But the neighbors across the street were outside and it would have been obvious......I guess I could have knocked on their door and offered them a couple of bucks to steal their flowers???? Anyways................I got the purchased flowers delivered!
And I am enjoying this gorgeous view everyday with the beautiful cherry blossoms blooming like it is spring.............................., This is my friend Kela. She is amazing. But I think she was stalking me yesterday. Wait.........I think I was stalking her????
Yesterday morning we met for coffee and just visited. So lovely. Very rarely do I get to do that with a friend. She is so wise (sometimes wise-ass, ha ha!) but always enjoyable..........love her...
Then I saw her again at the kids school when we picked them up. Somehow I ended up at her house. I'm starting to be familiar with the same barstool in her kitchen. We visited again while she cooked dinner ( I think we did the same thing last week!). Kids played and were in and out.
Then we met again at the boys basketball game!
The boys had an amazing season.
UNDEFEATED!!!!!!
Last nights game was painful to watch. The final score was 73-11. We won, but felt really bad for the other team. They tried really hard.............
Tyler had 10 points and he was proud...............................

Thanks Jennifer for the pics! I give you all the credit!


So many exciting things going on!

Nicole had softball tryouts this week. SHE MADE VARSITY!!!!!!!!!!!!

She is only a freshman. So exciting. She is estatic and said practice this week has been so much fun and she loves it.

On the flip side of that, it has created some jealousy with some of the girls that didn't make varsity. Unfortunatly some comments have been made that are not-so-nice and rude. Luckily Nicole knows she earned that spot and has the confidence to let it go. I told her to take the high road and if it comes up again to tell the girls that she wishes they would be happy for her and support her just like she would if they had made it and she didn't. Sad....and what annoys me the most is that the "girls" are close friends of hers. It will all pass, but makes me a little sad that girls are discounting that she made varsity when it is such and honor and privilage and she is really excited about it.

I still have pics to post from the Sadie Hawkins dance. I need to figure out how to transfer them from my (scary) new camera. A little disappointed cause alot of them were "yellow-ish" and I thought I had it on the correct setting? I will figure it out eventually. Would have been nice before a big event! Hope to post them tomorrow. They had a great time and I have amazing pics of them. Was fun having them all here.......

And a random "shout out" to my sister Donna.....I LOVE YOU........................... :)

1 comment:

Donna said...

AHHHHHH, That gave me warm fuzzies. You love me, you really, really love me :D.........

Tyler looks so grown up in those basketball pics. I think I actually kinda missed b-ball this year. Oh well, bring on Baseball!