Tuesday, March 9, 2010

"Happy 15th birthday Nicole!!!!"

Am I really saying that? 15? Today?
Last night I was laying in bed thinking "it's really been 15 years since I gave birth to her?". Not sure why this one hit me so hard?
Maybe because this morning, 1st thing I took her down to the DMV to take her drivers permit? And she passed with a 90%?
And I let her drive to school?
She was a little nervous to take the test because most of her friends have failed it at least once. She 'kind of' read the book. Last night about 10:30 (she was supposed to be sleeping, but she was in bed reading!) she was feverishly looking thru/reading the manual. I told her that if she got stuck on a question to stop and think of what she would do if she was behind the wheel of a car? Mostly common sense. She was taking practice quiz on-line last night and I got a few wrong! Wonder if I would pass it? Had some strange questions. And today she said their was a question about "what would you do if their was a guy on a horse and he put his right hand up?" ha hahahahah.
Honk? No, but she said it was on the test today and she just read it in the manual last night. And she got it correct. So funny. She is a good driver but I told her she needs some experience. I will let her drive to the high school but not in town yet. She needs experience to change lanes etc when their is alot of traffic. But she can legaly drive......yikes........
She has been texting me all day asking if we can get keys made to both cars tonight. ha!
I told her I would bring/make her anything she wanted for lunch.
Anything.
She is so funny. Her request was a homemade fruit parfait. Cut up fresh fruit (strawberries, pineapple and oranges), topped with yogurt, granola and walnuts. So that is what I made her. And some trail mix. She is pretty easy to please....................dropped it off at school..............she is having a good day..................
Tonight we are going to dinner with Grandma and Grandpa Mary. She didn't want a big fuss. She has softball practice after school and homework and said it's just another day. (and we are planning a coast weekend with her friends in the next couple of weeks). I did buy her a mini cake. And decorated the table with balloons, streamers, cake, gifts. More pics to come after tonight. All she cared about was getting her permit :)
Oh, and she wanted me to put some red streaks in her hair. 1st pic of this post is the "after". This is "before". She said she was tired of her hair and it was boring. ha ha! I told her people pay good money to have the beautiful-silky-blonde hair that she (naturally) has.
I guess if hair color is the worst I have to worry about........I'm in pretty good shape. I think it looks cute and she had me cut 3" off too. Like I said, easy to please.
I'm home with Tyler today. He has had a nasty cough for about 2 weeks. Yesterday morning I dropped him off at school and before I even got back home, the school was calling saying he was throwing up.
Great.
And it was field trip day......So I turned right back around and go back to the school. He had coughed so hard he was puking. (sorry Kela, and thanks for taking care of my puking kid)......
It was so sad because the bus was loading up out in front of the school for the field trip to the state capitol and he couldn't go. We walked past all of his friends and he was sad. So I was at work off and on yesterday. LeRoy came home so I went back to work until late. LeRoy took Tyler to the doctor and he has bronchitus. Poor boy. I'm letting him rest today and his meds are kicking in and there is much less coughing today.
I need to go cater to my sick boy.......................................

1 comment:

Donna said...

I can't believe she is old enough to drive. I am starting to feel old (I know, I am!) Hope she had a good birthday!