Saturday, April 24, 2010

"everybody's workin for the weekend..."

Ahhhhh......the weekend.
Needed to sleep in (didn't happen cause I'm getting old and wake up at exactly 6:15 am every morning!)
Wanted to go to Farmer's Market. (didn't happen cause it was drizzling and I was being too lazy).
Didn't even make coffee this morning.
I need people. People to make me coffee, run my errands, pamper me and cook for me. I guess I am "the people". But I did drive over to BFF's house at noon. Walked in the front door (I never knock!) and told her we were going downtown so she could buy herself a new Tyler candle that she has been wanting forever.
We went to Red Robin for lunch. Split a salad. Had ice tea and dt. pepsi. And ate about 2 pounds of fries {each} with ranch. Whatever........we split a salad...................ha ha!
Walked around Kohl's. Nothing. She is not a shopper. lol. But I did make her buy herself some new pretty underwear. Is that TMI? ha ha!
The kids are at friends houses having their own social life. I came home at 4:00 and got into my jammies. I really am getting old!
Hubby offered to take me down the The Vault for appetizers and drinks tonight. Sounds great, and the offer was nice,but we really don't have the funds to be spending on that. And I couldn't wear my pajamas. So as a comprimise we went to store and bought stuff to make homemade guacamole, chips/salsa, crackers, cheese, salami, 1 slice of cheesecake to split, fruit and I already have a wine stash at home. Works for me. And we spent less than $20 total. I haven't started drinking yet and am going to go make the guacamole now.......
But I am dreaming of a great summer..........................
Hoping to plan a trip to Seattle with the family. Kids have never been. It's close enough to drive and I love it there. Want to take them to space needle, underground city, pike's market and will research other fun places.
Also found a great website "localharvest.org" that lists all the farmers markets in our area. Want to plan on visiting as many as we can this summer. Pick berries. Make jam. Buy fresh organic vegies. Support local farmers and have fun in the process.
I wish we had a boat. Or wished my husband liked to camp. Or ride bikes. Or outdoor stuff. I want to go to the lake. Spend as much time with my kids as possible. Get a good tan. Just have a relaxing summer and not work quite as much.
All possible.
Now I just need to make it happen...

No comments: