Monday, May 3, 2010

"dude, I gotta get me some cute workout wear.."

Really...........................
I have cute clothes. And even cute rainboots.
So why don't I wear cute workout clothes to the gym? ( have lots of workout wear?)
Tonight I looked like a lesbian. (not that I have anything against lesbians. Was just scared they were gonna be checkin' me out.) Nicole was laughing at me the entire time.
It was so funny, I had to just go with it.
Maybe I want to be totally unaproachable? I am actually there to work out. Not enter a fashion show.
But there really isn't a reason I shouldn't look better? Tonight I had on these track pants. (Sorry BFF, this is the only pic I could find of myself in ugly workout clothes. This is when we were gonna train for a 5K. Remember????) I am much cuter than this pic. What the heck. I look like a dude here!!!!!!!! And I look squishy............I'm much thinner too................... :)
A free t-shirt I aquired somewhere. Bright yellow running shoes. And a sports bra that was WAY too tight. I was sporting a uni-boob. That's right. A uni-boob. Not pretty. And I couldn't breathe!! cause my bra was too tight! And once we got there and started lifting weights I realized I was wearing my smart-wool socks that are rainbow striped............................Seriously?????
When we go to the gym. I don't talk to anyone (except Nicole). Look at anyone (except Nicole) and always have my headphones/ipod on so I can act like I don't hear anyone (except Nicole). Dudes act like they want to approach us. Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm......NO. And when I see them checking out my 15 year old daughter.....................Ummmmmmm......NO.
Tonight.......I didn't take my ipod...........crap.....a lady that is always there started talking to me from across the way.........crap..................no earphones to act like I didn't hear her. She was really nice and we see her there all the time. She said "I brought my (teenage) son with me to work out since I always see you and your daughter together. It is sweet and I was jealous so I brought my baby with me". Ok..........maybe i shouldn't be so rude and not talk to people....................I told her it was nice bonding time and that is great her son came. But.............see ya................I did smile at her on the way out.......................crap........................ALWAYS BRING IPOD!!!!!!!!!! Tonight I was on the treadmill texting (trying not to fall off!!). Probably not gym ettiquette. And I wasn't working very hard. I did finally break a sweat when I got on the kick-my-butt eliptical. And I lifted weights. And giggled with my daughter. Everything was funny. How could she take me seriously with a uni-boob and bright yellow shoes??????
Why can't I look like this for the gym? Oh, because my ass doesn't look like THAT!!
I need to go shopping..........................



Baggy t-shirts (usually free from somewhere. I'm not a fan of t-shirts so I don't buy them).

Usually baggy track pants. I do wear cute athletic shoes!! But usually look like a hot mess. Whatever. I guess as long as I look good OUTSIDE of the gym in my cute clothes I wear everyday.........that is the end result.

No comments: