Monday, May 10, 2010

"mothers day weekend......."

Pretty un-eventful. Softball game Friday night.
Celebrated with in-laws Saturday night with dinner. Went to Country Club since it is now open to the public. We are the public. ha ha. Had a half of chicken salad sandwich and some fruit. Wow, I really lived it up. I did have a glass (or 2?) of wine.......... Cooked, cooked, cooked all weekend. For other people!! That's pretty typical too.
Had 3 lovely loaves of bread dough happily sittin' on my stove. Made them for mothers day.
My mom just had surgery so I made her lots of yummy, healthy food since I knew she wouldn't feel like cooking.
Made pasta e fagioli soup, artisian bread, pasta, cut up a watermelon. Made my dad a pecan pie. Cut a beautiful bouquet of flowers from my yard (and maybe one or two from the neighbors yard....hey,, it was hanging on my side of the fence!!). My lilacs were still blooming. Beautiful white and purple. Told her to come into the salon at her convenience when she is feeling better for a pedicure :) And I love to buy my mom funny, inappropriate cards for mothers day. I found a good one. lol. Bought her a new pretty pink nightgown since she is layed up (well, should be! She was up and around when I was there and probably over-did). When she opened it, she just started laughing............She had bought the EXACT same one a couple of days before.
Same store. Same color. Same size. Same pattern.
That is funny......my sister Donna and I tend to do weird things like that too. Will buy the exact same greeting card, at different stores even!!!! Guess we are all more alike then we would like to admit. lol.

Weather was beautiful on Saturday. Nicole took advantage and layed in the backyard with a book. I should have joined her..........

After dinner Saturday night Nicole was staying at a friends house. It was on the way home for gma and gpa Mary so I asked if they would drop her off on the way. Well, now days, Nicole actually drives....................
So they pile in the Suburban...............Nicole in the drivers seat.. (still seems weird).........she adjusts her seat. Puts on her seatbelt. Adjusts the mirrors. As she drives away... I had a little pang of sadness????? When she was little she would always stay one night a weekend with her grandparents. Was always a big to-do when I loaded her up in the car (in her booster seat!!). I would stand on the sidewalk and blow her kisses, wave and wait until they turned off our street and I couldn't see them anymore before I went inside. She would roll the window down and wave, wave, wave until they turned off our street.............and I could always see her looking out the back window smiling at me.................................
Just seems strange that she is grown up enough to be driving away. Not sure if she was looking in the rearview mirror. But I stood on the sidewalk until I saw her turn off our street. Bittersweet moment.........................
I texted my sister Donna with this story and she made me laugh with her response "ummmmmm, if you feed them and let them breathe air, they grow up!!!! Hopefully there was an adult in the car she was driving........." I laughed out loud.....
Sunday was Sunday.
Nothing exciting. Normal. Laundry. I cooked stuff. LeRoy bbq's chicken for dinner. LeRoy and Tyler did powerwash the entire back of the house and patio. And all the lawn furniture and put firepit out and all the fun summer stuff. I really appreciated that! Can't wait for weather to be warm. BBq's in backyard. Kids and their friends with the firepit. Me and my friends and the firepit (we will definately add "wine" to our party!)...

No comments: