Tuesday, May 11, 2010

"take me out to the ballgame............."

Last week of softball..........2 more games left... we play tomorrow and Friday and it's over....
We played Lebanon tonight at Lebanon High School. I knew my nephew was playing as well (at the high school). So glad I got a chance to run over to their field and watch a few innings.
Nicole's team lost :(
Gunners team won :)
Not sure of the scores. Was too busy taking pictures. And being silly with my nephew Drake.
This is one of the best pictures ever of Nicole and Gunner. So grown up. So good looking! When we were sitting in the stands at Gunners game my brother in law Mark said "can you believe we are both sitting at high school games and our kids are old enough to play? God we are old". ha ha! Ahhhhhh........rare occasion that we are all together!! My sister Donna, Me, Drake, Nicole and Gunner..................so funny we ALL were wearing red.....and were rivals......South Albany vs. Lebanon.
Nicole was annoyed that I was taking pictures. Just fuels the fire and makes me take more. bahahahhaahha. My nephew Drake is one of the most charming, hilarious kids I know. We must be related. He makes me laugh. And he is so darn handsome.

He has an awesome shiner with stitches. You should see the other guy. I heard he pulled his dad out of a bar fight..................just what I heard. lol......(maybe a baseball injury, but I like my story better).
Here's my girl ready to bat. She is #1
She had a great hit and got on base. After that I'm not sure what happened because I was too busy taking pictures. And hanging out with my peep Drake......


The varsity girls lost. Drake and I hustled over (actually made LeRoy drive us) over to the other field where Gunner was playing. So weird because I know all of the kids on the SA team because they are all Nicoles friends. We got there in time to see Gunner bat. I'm sticking with the story that he had a hit. His dad said it wasn't so. And I'm cracking up because in this picture you can see the dust from the ball in the catchers glove. Sorry buddy....

So I'm sitting in the bleachers at the boys game. On the Lebanon side, in my SA Rebels sweatshirt. (thank goodness we were all wearing red so I wasn't so obvious!). I here "Hi Missy". I look around and it's the boys from the South Side dugout! Not sure how they saw me from that far away but I love it. After the game the kids from south came over and talked to Nicole (she got there right as the game was over!) and gave us hugs. :)

Cutest kids ever. Really...........they are...............(we were missing Tyler because he was in Albany at baseball practice). LeRoy was there too, but he doesn't participate in the picture antics!
Was so fun to all be together. Even if it was a short time. Drake makes me laugh. I love that kid. My nephews are such great kids. Want to see them more often. Maybe this summer. We are so blessed with our silly children......makes me smile...............

3 comments:

Donna said...

Oh My God...we even think alike!! I posted some of the same things..Had to laugh, during warm ups our coach yelled Gunner's name, on of the South boy's perked up and said, Gunner? and the next time Gunner had the ball the South dugout yelled "gunner". He was laughing. Then after the game one of the boys on gunner's team wanted to know who that blonde chick was that was giving him a hug, when gunner said it was his cousin, he wanted her number!!! OMG!!! too funny....They are good kids though! And just remember, Drake does not need encouraging, he does pretty well on his own, the things that child comes up with!! The rest of the parents probably thought we were nuts, but it is not very often we are all togehter anymore....Nice look Nicole, you look soo happy!

Missy said...

We are nuts!!!! Love that the boys recognized Gunner from our house last summer. And when 2 of them went up to him after the game and gave him a hug. SO FUNNY. I love to encourage the shinanigans with Drake. ha ha. I'm sure those boys were checking out the hot blonde cousin. lol

Missy said...

We are nuts!!!! Love that the boys recognized Gunner from our house last summer. And when 2 of them went up to him after the game and gave him a hug. SO FUNNY. I love to encourage the shinanigans with Drake. ha ha. I'm sure those boys were checking out the hot blonde cousin. lol