Wednesday, June 9, 2010

"date night.............."

Friday night my husband took me out on a date.......................That's right.....a DATE.....
Been so long since we have done that! Was very needed and enjoyable. And totally his idea. Lot's of props for that.
We went to dinner and a movie. So funny......so that's what people do...
I had a really crazy, busy week like usual.....
So Friday after work I came home and changed into jeans, flip flops and a baggy sweatshirt. Oh, so cozy and comfortable. And very comforting to have no pressure, low key time with someone who knows me so well and loves me anyways......The kids stayed home and probably fought with each other. They were both still alive when I got home.
We went to Corino's. My favorite. All I need is a glass of wine...............bread.........and a salad that I didn't have to prepare for myself........Enjoyable.................................
The most shocking part of our date was that the movie we went to see was "Sex and The City". Totally hubby's idea too. Really????? I love that he made such a big effort. Movie was great. Dinner was great. Hubby was great. Why can't I have little slices of this on a regular basis? We need to work on that.......
When we went to the theater to buy our tickets I told the guy 2 tickets for Sex and The City. Hubby took the tickets and we walked inside. The guy ran after hubby and said "Sir, sir........I'm so sorry.............I gave you the wrong tickets............I'm sure you didn't want to see Sex and The City". I about peed my pants. Here is big, strong hubby going to see the most girly, chick flick..........hahahahahhahahahah...............So I piped up and said to the guy "No he doesn't really want to see it..but I do.... and he's with me". Hilarious.......................and he did think the movie was ok.................laughed out loud several times. I loved the movie........
And last night both kids had game at the same time. So we had to split up. I went to Nicole's basketball game and hubby went to Tyler's baseball game. Bummer for the boys that it started to rain!!!! And word on the street is hubby was holdin' an umbrella over princess KELA so she wouldn't get wet. And something about feeding her grapes!!!!!! hahahhahahah (Kela,, I so called you out...............) The story I heard was that YOU were holding the umbrella, feeding HIM grapes............
And hubby and I have started another "date" night tradition. We go to bed and watch LOST. (Which BFF thinks is totally code for something else.....really....we are watching TV). We never watched it when the series was on (we must have been living under a rock). But last month we started the series from the very beginning. Love it. It's our little alone time in bed after the kids are tucked in and supposed to be sleeping. I love it and it's like a great movie that never ends. We have 5 more seasons to watch!!
And this week has been so busy too. Kids, work, school, sports, graduation...........And our neighborhood garage sale is this weekend.......I was going to try and round some stuff up tonight, but had a glass of wine instead......................
And I skipped the gym tonight. Nicole had a basketball game in Eugene and got home too late. The last 3 nights we have been going at 9 pm. Getting home too late...........
Is it Friday yet???
Ok.....hubbys is telling me it's time to come to bed and watch LOST.
Peace out...............................

1 comment:

Donna said...

How fun, a date night...have not had one of those in awhile. Did you like the movie? I thought it was funny and liked it better than the first one. enjoy Lost, although I did not like how it ended, but just my opinion....I am off yo pack for camping, have a good day.