Wednesday, June 2, 2010

"exercise keeps me sane......."

Well.................semi-sane.......................
Because I could really be a little crazy right now if I didn't go to the gym and work out my stress.
Baseball game rainouts have been ridiculous. Glad it rained today because I would have missed the game :(
Hope it rains tomorrow because I work until 7:00 and don't want to miss tomorrows game.
And my memory card on my camera (old one, not new one) went wacky about 4 pictures into Tyler's last game. Took tons of GREAT pics only for the memory card to wipe them all out :(
And I bribed Tyler to go to Bridgeport with me on Saturday. He hates shopping. So I told him I would take him to McDonalds for a sausage biscuit with cheese for breakfast on our way out of town. Big treat for him since we never eat out. And he has probably NEVER had a breakfast sandwich from McDonalds.....................in his life...........................
We pull in at 10:25.
They stop serving breakfast at 10:00.................Really????????????? So I have a starving boy in the backseat complaining he is STARVING!!! I had a granola bar in my purse. Will have to hold him over. I told him I would take him to California Pizza Kitchen at Bridgeport for lunch as SOON as we got there. But...............(I needed to make a really quick stop) after I stopped in Salem at beauty supply house for some product for work.....................ummmmmm.................they moved locations (I learned as I pulled into the empty parking lot and empty building)......Really???????? Not doin' so good.
And Bridgeport seemed like it took FOREVER to get there! And it started raining...
So we pull in and of coarse it's packed. I drive around the parking lot once and nowhere to park. Decide we can walk how ever far we need to..................just get the hell out of the car and EAT.
Ahhhhhhhhh........................lady pulled out right in front of the restaurant...............things are looking up :)
Lunch was great. Visiting with my son and playing tic-tac-toe on the menu was lovely. Rain stopped. Went to my favorite store (can you see it in the background?? MAC!!)
And we walked around. And went to the candy store. And the bookstore. Tyler loved the two- story book store. We were going to see a movie but I decided I wasn't going to sit thru or spend the money on Iron Man 2. So I bribed him at the bookstore.........we each got 2 books for less then I would have spent on a movie. And I let him sit on the furniture in stores and read while I browsed. ha ha!

Now these girls aren't sane. They found a crimper curling iron in the drawer and had a blast. I have some hysterical video of them doing cheerleading cheers with this fabulous hair. eye-yi-yi.

So I could let the stress of life get to me...................or try and let it go..........................
And exercise like a maniac to help me let it go.
When I left my sunroof open and we had a monsoon rain storm and I had an inch of standing water in my car...........................I just laughed and let it go......it's only water.
Memory card on camera erasing all my pics????? There will be other games.
McDonalds promise of breakfast sandwich un-fufilled? Not healthy anyways.
Game rainouts? Will wait for sun to come out so I can enjoy the outdoors....
More serious issues............won't go into that................but am trying to let the stress/burdons of others.....................go.......................
Divorce seems to be in the air with people around me................................I'm going to stop breathing......................................well.........maybe not...........but need to not worry about things I can't control...........
So I will continue to go to the gym with my lovely daughter.
So proud of her. She is running her first 5k on Saturday :)
Try and not worry about things I can't control.

2 comments:

Becky J Erbes said...

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; Courage to change the things I can; And wisdom to know the difference.

I think you have a pretty good grasp on that.

Miss you. Love you.

Donna said...

sounds like it was a good day!! You need to get me a schedule or post when his games are so we can try to watch one. Did you get Drakes?