Saturday, June 26, 2010

"rough road to recovery........."

Today hasn't been such a good day for Nicole.
She is in alot of pain. Shed some tears. Didn't sleep well last night. Can't get up without feeling like she is going to pass out. Poor little girl. I slept terrible last night too. And the few hours I did sleep I had terrible nightmares. Was up every couple hours to check on her and give her pain meds. Just like having a newborn. And I worried about her all night................is she breathing? are the pain meds too much for her little body? is she cold? is she comfortable? has she torn her stitches and bleeding internally? the list goes on...................what all of us mothers worry about. I guess it doesn't matter what age they are........................we still worry ourselves sick.
I hardly slept. Woke up with a migraine. I tried to get her up and around today to shower and brush her teeth and we didn't make it very far. She was in so much pain and said she was going to pass out. I had the shower running, but we made a u-turn back to the couch. She really wants to brush her teeth. But freaks out when she gets up because she hurts, can't breath and feels like she is gonna pass out. She is going stir crazy and is bored. And in pain..............poor girl. Besides lack of sleep and feeling bad for my girl..............I have had a blissful day. Once I took some advil and a cup of coffee.............I was ready to nest. Be domestic. Stay home ALL day with my family. Just the 4 of us. In between taking care of Nicole and getting her what she needs, I've been looking up recipies on the laptop. Went out in the backyard for about 45 minutes while she was sleeping and layed in the sun and got some much needed vitamin D. And read a magazine. Been cooking for my family all day. Made awesome teriyaki chicken, roasted potatoes, fresh fruit and raspberry iced tea for dinner. Have a loaf of homemade bread going to bake tomorrow. LeRoy cleaned the entire house. Tyler is home and comes in periodically to just tell me he loves me......Laundry is getting done. I showered and didn't do my hair or make-up and put on a comfortable little sundress. No pressure. No company. No chaos. Pure bliss..............
LeRoy mentioned that he hasn't seen me this relaxed/happy in a LONG time. Nicole said she wished I was a "stay at home mom" because I've had such a good day at home. (and she likes when I cook healthy food for her.)
One of Nicole's friends just stopped by to see her. He brought her candy. Sweet. Funny because her 2 best guy friends stopped by yesterday and brought her balloons, candy, sweet tea, and a sombrero....................they were so sweet to her. (the sombrero is funny and random). "The boy of interest" stopped by last night. He didn't bring her anything. I just wanted him to leave. Not sure why the other kids didn't annoy me, but he did. I finally told him she was tired and needed rest. She was up and around yesterday because she still had local anestetic. Today, not so much. She is just laying on the couch (after I finally got her back down after 1/2 hour of crying and she was scared to move) and Trenton is here visiting with her.
She has calmed down a little. I think pain meds are helping. I'm going to go visit with the kids and maybe watch a movie. Hope tonight we all sleep better. I will still worry all night about her. Hopefully today is the worst and tomorrow will be better. I wish I could burden her pain for her. I could handle it, if it meant she didn't have to suffer. She is young and strong and resiliant. She will get thru it. Get better my little girl.....................................

1 comment:

{marie} said...

oh colie! our poor sweet girl. you are doing all you can do...control the pain and let her sleep. i know she just wants to go go go. sorry to say that staying home with a sick kid makes us happy because then we are home doing what we were intended to do! that breaks my heart nicole said she wishes you were a stay at home mom. i do too.