Friday, July 2, 2010

"Happy 4th of July Weekend"

Ahhhhh....................we are at Newport for the 4th of July weekend. Enjoyable :)
Our condo is awesome and we have a wonderful view.
I worked all day and wasn't packed.
At all.
Nicole wasn't packed. Food wasn't packed. Tyler's clothes not packed. Whatever. So unlike me not to be packed. Or even have a list. Who cares. They have stores there and I put workout clothes and comfy pants, clean underwear, and my pillow.................what more do I need? LeRoy threw some clothes in a bag for Tyler. I told Nicole to gather what she needed and we headed out. Tyler headed out about 4:00 with Grandma and Grandpa. (I'm starting to really mellow out in my old age.) We rolled in about 7 pm. Weather is gorgeous. Here is our view from our balcony. It's so still and calm. No wind. No waves. No fog. Just my family and I've already opened the wine........I'm sitting out on the balcony..............................doesn't get much better than this...................
(this is my view)
(if you look really close you can see Tyler in the grey sweatshirt down on the boat to the right. Him and grandpa are checkin' it out with the owner.) Nicole did pretty well on the ride over. She is still sore and was like a little old lady on the way over. She crocheted wash clothes all the way over. She learned years ago from Grandma Mac........so funny.............and Gma Mac is probably doing the exact same thing :)
Wedsday night we (my hubby and kids) went to a Corvallis Knights baseball game. SO FUN. Weather was great. Very low key and layed back. Right up my ally.
4 Tickets to the game= Free
Hotdogs/popcorn/pretzel/pepsi= $30
Tylers "dash for cash"=$7.oo
Evening spent with my family= absolutely Priceless
We made it thru the 5th inning and then Nicole wanted to go. She was hurting and was ready to go. She was ready to get out of the house. What a fun night. This is what summer should be. Baseball games. Family. 4th of July. The ocean. Wine. Family.

Tomorrow we are going to BBQ on our amazing deck area. Steak, potatoes, wine. Great company. Lots of books and magazines to read. Fingernails to paint. Fireworks on Sunday. Sleeping in tomorrow. Coffee on the deck in the morning (or early afternoon!) Probably more wine. (Have I said wine? hahahahahaahaaaaaaa). I really need a few days to relax....................

No comments: