Thursday, July 29, 2010

"Salt Lake City.....or bust"

I'm leaving on Monday. Salt Lake City. This is the fabulous hotel I get to stay at. My good friend Erin made me an offer I couldn't refuse. She works for OSU and has business meetings. Her co-worker bagged out on the trip and she asked me to go. Hotel/meals paid for. I'm only responsible for airfare.(well, I won't be gettin' up early for breakfast. I bought some protein bars that will work just fine with a cup of coffee). I moved all of my clients appointments and booked it. I'm so glad she asked me to go. Thanks friend :)
And I will do your hair for evening affairs, but don't wake me up in the morning!!
We are leaving Monday. Home Thursday. I'm so excited.
My plan is to:
Sleep in.
Coffee and light breakfast.
Lay by the pool.
Order food from the pool menu.......(I've already checked it out........mouth is watering for sweet potato fries..........)
Read a book/magazine.
Maybe take a nap (by the pool)
Be ready for dinner/evening adventures by 4:00 pm.
Ohhh.........that means I have to pack...................always too many options :)
I really need some time off................from work...........stress......life........
I get to sleep and lay by the pool. All by myself. I need it.
My sanity is questionable right now.............so much going on. I feel like I have an emotional hangover....................

My birthday is coming up. 18 days.............I'm getting old................
Word on the street is that my hubs is taking me somewhere...........kids going to (which makes me happy)........I've been trying to get the info from Tyler but he is a steel trap. Won't give me a hint. I even try to trick him into telling me, but he's a pretty smart boy..........darn..........I will try again tomorrow!
I want Sprinkles Cupcakes for my birthday. Probably one of thosee things that the "idea" of them is really better than the reality.
And my friend Shelia!!!!!!!!!! Sister................I miss you so much..............seems like when we text we are both so busy we can't carry on a proper conversation! Your text was sweet and I do believe we do think alike........that's why we became instant friends so many years ago. 15 years ago??????? When our 1st borns were babies????? Can that be right? Time flies.......We need to pick up the phone and chat for hours like we used to in the old days :) (and when you lived closer!!) Miss you and hope you are taking care of yourself.......
Donna.................I have the quilt. And the backing. And all the stuff you need to finish it!!!!! I will even bring you wine if that is necessary :) Miss you and the boys.........when we going to see you? (tell Mark I miss him too..........bahahhahaaaaaa)
I took a day off today to take the kids (+ 1) to Otter Beach today. It really sucked. We got there early so we could get lounge chairs. All taken. Only about 12 in the entire pool area. Annoying. I'm too old to be sitting on the concrete for hours. No thanks. Too many kids. Was hot. Funny, because what do you expect at a pool in the summer???? ha ha.. Maybe we have outgrown Otter Beach? Makes me sad..........but I'm not planning on going back any time soon :( Kids said it was just "ok". We definately enjoy the Tennis Club with our peeps more. And the company we keep there is good :) Kela.................just got your text as I am posting and we will be there tomorrow after I get off work....................always excited to see you and the kids.....it's a date.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Sounds like a nice relaxing time! Wish I could stow away in your suitcase, have fund and enjoy. and yes, sadly, I think the kids have outgrown otter beach. When I took Drake and his friend a few weeks ago, they said the same thing, it was just ok...As for the quilt, I have a couple tops I need to do (HEHEHE- baby quilts) and then I will hopefully get SEVERAL put together and finished.