Wednesday, July 14, 2010

"summer at last...................."

...........................and this year was supposed to be different and I was going to work less......play more.................hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........Not so much.
So I am trying to make every single SECOND count when I'm not at work. Trying to be outside as much as possible...
Playing soccer in the park.....(well, I kinda worked because I took my appt book and phone and sat on a blanket and made appointments..........but my "office" area was enjoyable). Wished I lived closer to my friend Sheila..............we have been playing phone tag for weeks now......thanks for checking in on Nicole..............I still need to text you back!!!!!!!!
Eating popcicles in the car on the way home from baseball games...................

Wine with my friend Teresa on her front porch. In our old lady rocking chairs :) M&M's for dessert..........
Went and looked as houses for sale with BFF and the girls............(wish I was going to Vegas with you guys).Nicole went in for post-op checkup and Dr. said she is recovering perfectly. So now that she has the green light, I am not seeing her as much. Hanging out with friends. Friends staying the night (some of them stay here for days on end.......5 days...........she went home for 2 and is back again? Don't their parents look for them???? and I have 3 girls here right now.) Backyard BBQ's with friends. Hanging out with "the boy", River Rythems, went to the lake with her auntie, sleeping in, fighting with her brother, swimming at friends house, going on walks with me!, she is a typical teenager........................I think she needs chores...........lots of them................... We have been to the beach..............Tyler wanted me to buy him this boat. It's for sale. He was obsessed. We had to go visit it several times when we were down on the docks.
We still haven't made it to Otter Beach..................still on the list.....................have gone to pool at the Tennis Club with Kela, Jennifer and the gaggle of kids........................thanks ladies, I needed that. Gonna cut out early on Friday so we can do it again.......................
I go in really weird spurts of cooking.
I've made: (obsessively)
Homemade dill pickles.
Wheat bread.
Strawberry/blueberry jam.
Blueberry pie.
Fruit smoothies.
Blueberry/lime scones.
Roasted asparagus.
Teryaki chicken.
Chicken wraps.
(a little obsessive with blueberries??? nahhh.....and we have eaten probably a 5 lb flat of them just plain).
Not sure where I find the time or energy after I've worked all day...........but I guess you gotta eat......................
Haven't been to the gym in 2 weeks!!!!! My gym buddy Nicole has 1 more week before she can go with me..............but we have been going on walks in the evenings......Poor Teresa........we end up at her house alot........hahahhahaaaa......good thing she only lives 1.6 miles away.......
And I had the BEST coffee ever made by my personal adorable barista Sophia Lynn :)

3 comments:

{marie} said...

i feel like i'm missing a lot :(

Missy said...

you are......youv'e been busy....and I miss you

Donna said...

I like your office, wish I had one like that!! Glad Nicole is doing well and getting back to her normal "teenage" self!! I hear about wanting to make every minute count. Did you see we snuck over to Otter Beach for an afternoon? It was nice!! My goal for next week, after all this craziness of this weekend is over, is to hold down a lawn chair and read books, drink wine and eat whatever I damn well please, I can send you pics, shwo you what it looks like HEHEHE (evil laugh) :) j/k, sorta....