Sunday, December 26, 2010

"O Holy Night....Christmas 2010"

Wow..........another Christmas come and gone.
So much work. So much time. So much money. Decorating. Cooking. Dishes........
But good memories are worth it all.
I hosted ALOT of the festivities! Christmas Eve and Christmas Day at my house. Lots of family. But my kids and hubby and I love to be home so thats the price you pay to make it happen!Tyler wanted to open presents so bad. He was checking them all out waiting for everyone to get to our house! He knew what some of them were just by the box. And he found one in the attic earlier in the month when I sent him up for some Christmas decorations. I FORGOT it was up there! And I can't lie so I had to fess up and admit when he asked that it was his..........

Oh mom............NO MORE PICTURES..........hahaaa.....they know I'm going to take LOTS!

So my sister Donna and I had this "grand plan" that the kids would LOVE to frost sugar cookies on Christmas Eve.............just like we used to when we were younger. So we begged our mom to make them....................I think I heard 11 dozen cookies????? Well............these kids look all happy and merry. They each frosted 2 cookies, where done with it and moved on..........
So Donna and I had to frost ALL of them by ourselves! They just didn't get the joy out of it that we used to! But we had fun. Our hubby's made fun of us. It is like when your kids want a puppy. They promise to walk it, feed it, take care of it. That lasts a couple of days and then the job is all yours!!!!!

We had a lot of shinanaganns...........These kids were wild. But funny and hilarious. One of the best Christmas Eve's I've had in a long time.
My sister Donna and hubby Mark and her kids Gunner and Drake came. Her mother in law. My inlaws. My kids. The boy. We had a great time. Laughing. Drinking wine. Eating. Frosting cookies!!!( and eating cookies!) And opening gifts.

Me and my sis!
The bar is very important when you have 48 straight hours of guests!!!!!!!
They look all sweet and innocent!!
The pizza bar was great!


I enjoyed the kids alot. Even though they are older we still had lots of fun.
We busted those cookies out FAST!!!!!!! And ate lots..............I have a food hangover today.........



We all get new jammies on Christmas eve.
And of coarse mom is still up at midnight doing last minute Santa gifts and stockings!
Their awesome quilts that I enlisted my sister Donna into making for the kids "santa gifts". They turned out amazing! LOVE IT! Kids did too.......
I finally had to wake Nicole up at 10:00 am on Christmas morning. Tyler was very tired of waiting! And we had company coming at noon and still needed to shower and open gifts. Christmas day I had another crew over. Grandma and Grandpa Mac. KayDee, Brandi and Colton. Gma and Gpa Mary. The boy. My hubby and kids.
Grandpa Mary wasn't feeling good so he slept thru the entire Christmas.........................missed it all.......
Christmas day after I got the kitchen all cleaned up, my sister KayDee and her family were going out to my aunts house in Lebanon. My house was clearing out. Nicole went to the boys house, and my boys were playing with their games. So I tagged along too. We had so much fun. Got home late and maybe a little tipsy and finally was all partied out! Today I took down some decorations. Put Christmas dishes away. Made a really healthy dinner and watched movies with Nicole. Hoping to get the tree down tonight. Another year is coming to a close. Hope 2011 is a happy, healthy one.........................

1 comment:

Donna said...

Christmas Eve was really nice, need to do it more often. I enjoyed frosting the cookies even if the kids did not....Glad they like the quilts :)