Monday, May 28, 2012

"Poweder Puff football, awards and a job"

 The school year is coming to an end (yipppeeeee!). So much going on. Instead of "homecoming" events......at Nicole's school they do "homegoing". Probably just an excuse to do fun events that don't fit into the beginning of the year. I'm all for fun events! So it was Poweder Puff football..............Junior girls vs. Senior girls. I didn't realize it was this serious! ha! I get a text from Nicole on a Thursday. "mom, some of the girls on the team are coming over after school so we can make shorts for powder puff on friday". Ok, I'm at work and as long as she had picked up her brother from school, it's fine with my. So I get a text from LeRoy "what the hell is going on at our house?! There are 16 high school girls here and our house is covered in glitter!!!". I texted back. "it could be worse. and glitter never hurt no one!" ahahahahahha......When I get home later that evening..................I walk in and just laugh............out loud. Shorts and glitter everywhere! Glitter expoded. (but I'm ok with glitter explosion). They all made puff paint shorts and they were adorable. What fun high school bonding with her friends and good memories. (and very glittery at the game in the sun!). And I also find out later that part of the hubs panic was Tyler had his friends over too as all of the glitter shinnaneghans were going on. And that him and his friends were loving all these girls here!

 That's my girl...............#42
 What an upset victory! They won!!!!

They won! The senior girls took it way more serious than the juniors. Was a close game and it was all legit. They played 4 quarters and had coaches and ref's........I think it was the glitter shorts that helped them finish strong! ha!
 My friend Erin went with me (and the hubs). Was a fun way to start the weekend. We decided to get some food and relax........the girls had an after game tailgate BBQ and they ditched us.
 And with end of the year happenings..............Nicole got an acedemic award at school. Proud mom and dad. Was a business award and she was picked from entire school. (wish it was a scholarship or something! That all come around next year......)
 And she got a job. At a local establishment..............She is very excited and I'm sure you will see her this summer.........Good times........
And Tyler Mary is alive and well! He's not to be forgotten with so much going on with his sister! He is very social this year and hanging out with his friends so I don't see him much! Definately at that age!

No comments: