Saturday, September 4, 2010

"10 things I'm obsessed with right now..........."

1. Party ideas.
My 40th is next year and I want to have a fantastic, fun party with my friends and family. I am planning it myself. I have been searching for Sangria recipies. White sangria. Red sangria. Thought that would be a yummy signature drink. And pretty in huge glass pitchers. (Is this kind of a classier version of Jungle Juice? hahahahaaaaaa). Oh, and I must find lots of recipies and try them all out so I can find the best one. Well, I have an entire year to taste test. And I want frosted sugar cookies. LOVE THEM. Don't like to make them.. Just like to eat them. I'm not a big cake/dessert person.............but sugar cookies do the trick. So these might be what I want for my party?????? But I really need to be concentrating on my boys birthdays!!!! LeRoys is next week and Tyler's is the week after. Have I planned a thing????NO!!!! I need to get on it. We will be at Yachat's for LeRoys....................so I better start thinkin.....................



2. Making homemade refrigerator pickles.
They are SO GOOD.........and fairly easy. A little time consuming, but well worth it. I just made 13 pints a few days ago. They won't last long around here.


3. Candy corn mixed with dry roasted peanuts. It just means fall. Halloween. Trip to Yachats (I always make a huge jar of them to take.).

I mean, candy corn is just honey flavored wax...........................what's not to love? Salty/sweet/crunchy/colorful.............................Am going to the store this weekend to make my 1st batch...........................Candy-corn love..............



4. Homemade bread.
I still can't stop making it. Maybe because it tastes so good. Has no preservatives. And my family loves it so much? Nicole and I love the wheat bread best.


5. My to-do list.
It's a mile long. But I can't function without a to do list. Constantly thinking of what I need to do. Draw a total mind blank if I don't have a list to add too/cross off. Maybe if I see things are being accomplished it makes me feel better?

And I am random and probably have: make bread, make pickles and buy candycorn and peanuts at the top. And more recipies in jars.


6. Anything in a jar.

Half pint, pint, quart. Doesn't matter the size. I'm just obsessed with putting things in jars. I love them. Last night after dinner I made little half-pint individual peach/pear cobblers. Cutest (yummiest) things ever. I really want to make berry ones next year for my birthday party. I'm a little crazy. Cause that's alot of work. But you can make them up ahead and freeze them with the lids on and bake later. How cute would these be in longaberger baskets for dessert?

7. Homemade salsa.

I think this is always at the top of my list. I am constantly trying out new recipes. I can't get enough salsa. Found another good one that I am making to take to a BBQ on Labor Day. Salsa is a food group for me........


8. Bling..........

I love bling..................period. Next year is also my 20th wedding anniversary. Hubs and I have been talking about me getting a new wedding ring. BIG BLING......I deserve it after 20 years right? These styles are the front runners. Can you imagine??? (for some reason?? one of my pics disappeared? Trust me.........it was big and bling-y)




9. Coffee.........
I just started drinking coffee last year. I really enjoy it. Just one cup in the morning. I'm very specific on how strong I like it and how much creamer I put in it. And even the cup I drink it out of. I'm definately getting old. LeRoy makes much better coffee than me. And he knows how I like it. Lately he has been making the coffee pot the night before so all I have to do it turn it on to brew. Ahhhh...............makes me feel special. And you know we are getting old when the other night we were laying in bed talking about how we couldn't wait for morning so we could both have a cup of coffee..................

I definately prefer coffee at home as opposed to coffee shops. I don't like mine super strong or sweet. Most places are both of those things. For my birthday this year I asked for a french coffee press. Thought it would make the best coffee??? Verdict is is out on that one. LeRoy tried it once and it just wasn't good. I will give it a whirl one of these days. Came with milk frother, etc. I need to give it another try. (Best coffee at home is still hands down, my little Sophia makes :)

10. My new desk.
Not this exact one. But pretty similar. I have wanted my own "area" for so long. Don't really have much space. But that's ok. I will make space. And have it be my little retreat. When I have to do mundane tasks like balance checkbook etc. I have a vision of my fantastic little area drinking a cup of coffee............Still in search for a chair. This zebra one is pretty awesome. Maybe a little much? No.................I'm on the search..............


No comments: