Thursday, February 10, 2011

"crazy and hectic"

Where do I start?
Well, I'm WORKING WAY TOO MUCH!!!! for starters..................
Nicole wanted the purple out of her hair because the Sadie Hawkins dance is coming up in 2 weeks.............No time to do it with school, work and basketball...........
So we had a "kitchen intervention!" Last Saturday night at 8:00 pm we went down to the salon to get the supplies to take the purple out of her hair. I knew it was going to be a big job.
Much easier putting it in, then getting it out. Hair clips/extentions would have been MUCH easier!
We started with a color remover (test strand of coarse!). Ummmmmm.........turned her hair green. Not good...........
Plan B.....................bleach with 40 volume developer.................very harsh on the hair but gets the job done! Of coarse it turned her hair canary yellow (which I knew it would). Only took me 3 hours in my kitchen starting at 8:30 pm on a Saturday night. I was tired and wasn't really excited about doing it...................but of coarse I did.
Knowing I had to put color back in her hair I told her to go to bed with yellow Big Bird hair and we would go to the salon on Sunday and finish it. So 2 hours later.................
Back to her natural, beautiful, gorgeous hair.
(I really am a miracle worker!!!!!) We agreed to leave it how it is for awhile :) And now it matches her hair extensions for the dance. 5 hours of work on my days off................no wonder I feel like I didn't get a day off!! We were tired and getting silly. It looks like we were having more fun than we really were.
Not my 1st "kitchen intervention"............
Easier to do at the salon because we have hooded driers. We had to make it work and do it the old fashioned ghetto way. My arms got tired so I made her do some of the work!

I finally got all of my "snow" decor down and decorated a little bit for spring. That's pretty much it. hahahhaaa.............But it makes me happy.
Before we had the hair intervention last Saturday we ran up to Salem (I let Nicole drive on the freeway for the 1st time!! yikes!!!!! but she did good) looking for very specific shoes for the dance.
She wanted bright royal blue slillettos. Not easy to find. Went EVERYWHERE.
Found a pair she loved at Nordstrom.
Didn't have her size.
Oh. And they were $90.00.
Are you kidding me? I am NOT paying $90 for a pair of shoes that will be worn for 12 minutes. Because as soon as she gets to the dance I can guarantee they will be off. Cause they are too high to dance in and will kill her feet! Not worth it just for pictures! I should/won't/should go on-line and see if I can find them. Running out of time. Already out of money!
So I went to Kohl's (they usually have the worst shoe selection)..........found these. LOVE! On sale for $29.99. I bought them and brought them home. Nicole said "they are cute, but not what I wanted.". My response was "I know dear, but this is what you have, and they will be the "backup" shoes incase we find something else you like.". So pretty much she is wearin' them. hahahhaaa...........They are pretty FAB! And way more sparkly in real-life.
When a teen girl gets something in her mind..........that's all the matters. But she liked these shoes and can wear them again.
I want to buy a pair for myself and wear them to the grocery store!!
And now my girl has strep throat. Bad. Urgent care said could possibly be mono. Really...........can you give me an answer please? She is a hot mess...........but her hair looks great and she has some fab shoes she can wear while she is laying on the couch!
Humor and a postive attitude is keeping me alive. Maybe I should try wine?

Tyler is just playing basketball and trying to stay out of the crazy that is his life..................hahaha

1 comment:

Donna said...

AAAAHHHHH, the joys of motherhood, huh?! Love the shoes! Makes me want a pair, but too dressy for work? Hang in there :)