Monday, February 28, 2011

"the car, the crazy kid, the snow (and fall) and a cancelled dance!"

Well...............................we bought Nicole a car.
I have fought so hard with the "just because you turn 16 doesn't ENTITLE you to a car!!!!!"
But LeRoy has been searching for awhile and found a good one. 1999 Toyota Camry.
She isn't 16 until next week! LeRoy has been driving it. hahaahaaa.........I let her drive it to Corvallis this weekend (not by herself! I was in the car!). She loves it. And it fits her. And what 15 (almost 16) year old wouldn't love this for their 1st car! It will make life easier for all of us with work/practice/school etc. Like going to the grocery store for milk and bread!!
But their are LOTS of rules that come with the responsibility of a car! (and insurance, and constant worry, and parking (she's not parking in the garage! that's my spot!) I scheduled her appointment to take her driving test next week!!!!!!!!
So I got banished to the back seat with Tyler. OMG................
Lots of silly and shinannaghans.......................I was laughing so hard it was hard to snap some pics. (I usually don't carry a camera with me at all times in the car, but we were going to National Honor Society and the entire family was in the car. We let LeRoy sit in the front with Nicole driving. And I was going to take pics at the awards.) Maybe I should always carry a camera. This kids makes me laugh!!!!


I'm not sure if we were even off of our street yet!!!!!
This one's got a sense of humor.............He must get that from me!

And we had some crazy snow last week!!!!! I was going out front to take a pretty picture......and fell on my ass in the driveway!!!!! HARD! I still have a huge bruise on my buttocks. I will spare a picture of that!!!! And the gory details of my fall, and laying in the driveway trying to get up, and my hand was swollen and bruised.......................And because of the snow...............................the Sadie Hawkins Dance got cancelled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And she does have the blue shoes I referred to in a previous post. That I was NOT going to shell out the money for. And I did not shell out the money for. Another story for another day. (They were purchased online...............don't get the wrong idea that we didn't pay for them!!!!! "I" didn't pay for them..............................let's just leave it at that..........................(they are pretty fab shoes though............my sister Donna will want them!) Donna....you need a shoe fairy like Nicole's to support your habit!!!

I'm hoping the dance gets rescheduled. We have the dress, the shoes, the boy. Now just need music and a venue! Was hoping to post some pics but will have to see when it happens!

1 comment:

Donna said...

I love those shoes!! How do I get a shoe fairy? I can provide my home or work address, either one works. She could always wear them to the gym, but I would suggest she not try driving in them.