Tuesday, February 22, 2011

"National Honor Society........"

Once again.........................I'm a very proud momma................
My amazing daughter was inducted into the National Honor Society at school tonight.
It is such an honor and based on academics, scholarship, leadership, service and character. And she graduates with honors....................
There was a ceremony tonight at the high school and we couldn't be prouder.................
The kids that were selected found out last week and I got a text from Nicole saying......"Mom, were you in National Honor Society in high school?" I said "Yes I was! are you?" She said "I am now, I was nominated today!"..................Music to a mom's ears....................
Tyler is seeing excellence in school from his sister and I hope he follows with the same effort and motivation....................He might just try and get by on his good looks!
Raelynn is one of our "other daughters"..........She is a smarty-pants also. Proud of her too. And she always says she is going to marry Tyler someday. The older girls love him!
I love that most of these girls are the girls Nicole hangs out with socially and plays sports with. So nice to see this group striving to be awesome.......
And I love that Trenton is always in the middle of the group of these girls (and he is Nicole's locker partner! hahahaa)
The ceremony was great. The choir sang before the ceremony. So fun! Each student that received honors was called up one by one and lit a candle and had a few words spoken about them. Signed the book and received a certificate............
Proud parents....................

Tonight was a very enjoyable night. My kids are growing up fast and I'm trying to savor every moment. I have some hilarious pics of Tyler I can't wait to post, and the Sadie Hawkins Dance is this weekend. So I will have lots more pics! And my sister Donna suggested I post one "old-school" pic every week....................remember..........I have a scanner.................DONE!

No comments: