Sunday, March 27, 2011

"Reno, NV......part 3"

Are we there yet?! Headed to Reno.....staying at the Peppermill Hotel. Can't wait to get there and eat some dinner. Tired of being in the car! Road to seemingly nowhere!!!! We have covered alot of scenery/countryside/uninhabited desert!
And the closer we get to Reno (about 8 miles out)..................the weather turns into a blizzard!!!! What the heck! We just left sunny, warm Vegas and it's snowing! So hard we can't see and missed our exit..................Once again our little friend GPS saved the day and got us safely to our destination...........
Ahhhhhh..................finally we made it. Rooms were so nice!
We really wanted to lay by the pool....................but it was a little snowy....................

Nicole took full advantage of the amazing fitness facility.................Me????? Not so much! I took magazines and sat on the couch and watched her run. lol. I really wanted to take my wine with me but thought they may frown on that?
Next day was sunny but COLD! Crazy people out there swimming. Pools were heated but you still had to get out!

Tyler lost a tooth while eating wheat thins at the hotel........................so I gave him his "tooth fairy" money $1. hahaha. So I told him to go spend it at the arcade. He had some money still to spend and Nicole and I were down in the fitness room. LeRoy texted me and told me he had won a PSP player out of a game/machine!!!!! I was so happy for him! Those run about $180 and he had spent about $25 to get it!!! Yay Tyler! And on the way home.......................I realized I forgot his tooth................in the hotel........................hahhaaaa...............I'm sure the maid was like "WTF"?
We ended up extending our stay one night due to the snow. Day we were to leave was blizzard again. Pass was requiring chains and others were closed. Didn't want to take the chance of getting up there and having to turn around and come back. Especially when I had a comfortable hotel. I was ok staying an extra night and extending our vacation a day. If we went home I would still have to do laundry, and finish my taxes and get back to reality! Plus I wanted to sleep in. Haven't had much sleep at all this trip. Go, go, go. So we stayed an extra night. Next day......slept in.........................breakfast in bed................boys went down to arcade and Nicole and I stayed in bed and read.......had a great view of the city...................relaxed!!!!

Finally got out of Reno a day later......Sierra-Nevada mountain pass was BAD!!! So much snow. About 12 feet on sides of road. Slow movin' home. That was the longest 10 hours of my life.

Tired of being in the car. Tired of sitting. Just want to get home to my comforts of my house. LeRoy got us home safely. Home never looked so good!
Tyler pretty much watched movies the entire time in the car. Thanks goodness for DVD player. He probably watched about 30 movies! Had a great trip. Lots of family time. (Nicole was over it by the last leg of the trip. hahah). Lots of great memories for us. I'm sure we looked like the Griswolds......................

Griswold Spring Break Family Road trip 2011.................................

No comments: