Sunday, March 27, 2011

"Family Road Trip-Spring Break 2011"

6 states in 8 days!!!!!!!!! 2500 miles and 42 hours in the car! We covered ALOT of ground. Saw lot of scenery. Watched lots of movies in the car. Tyler and I watched our theme movie for the entire trip "Vacation!". Griswold style...................... We let Nicole drive thru Boise ID. I'm not sure what we were thinking because it was rush hour, tons of construction, semi-trucks everywhere. I just turned up my volume and didn't look out the window. I was hoping this wasn't the last time you would see me alive!!!! lol
15 hours to get to Salt Lake City.............(our entire trip we drove thru Oregon, Idaho, Utah, Arizona, California, Nevada). We had alot of time in the car.................I was prepared (like usual!) and when we stopped for gas I made everyone bagels with cream cheese, fruit, coffee and juice.
Back on the road! And my awesome sister Donna made me a fab new quilt and I begged her to finish it before our trip. Well.............she thought we were leaving Saturday............ummmm no.....Friday! So she was awesome and finished it late Thursday night and Nicole drove me over to Lebanon to get it for our roadtrip!(Nicole had to drive me cause I had already started vacation with a little wine and was in no shape to drive and needed to finish packing!) Nicole washed it for me and the morning we left it was really cold out so she put it in the drier and took it out warm for the car! Thanks awesome sister and awesome daughter!
So I decided since we had so much time in the car.............I would polish my toes (bright pink!). Who does that? Who brings nail polish in the car? I didnt do the best job, but better than no polish at all! It will eventually wear off my skin right? hahaaa.....I needed to organize my purse..........lots of time for that! And surprisingly enough.......the kids got along GREAT! in the backseat. Being nice to each other and sharing. Who are these kids are where are mine? At one time (lot of time to think too) I thought it would be funny if LeRoy and I got in the backseat and took a nap and let Nicole drive and Tyler sit up front. We would probably have ended up in Canada or something. Idaho was kinda smelly and icky. Are we there yet??
We finally arrived at our friends Mike and Angie! Thanks so much "Hotel Lindquist" for the hospitality! They were wonderful and so gracious to open up their home to us! And gave us a tour of their city. We went to the Mormon Temple. Downtown SLC on the TRAX, and awesome outdoor shopping mall. (Nicole and I could have spent lots more time and money there! I got a really cute pair of blingy jeans!) And Lady Gaga was having a concert at the Arena that night so we saw lot of crazy people walking around downtown. Guys in leather shorts and fishnet stockings. The weirdos were out! Very entertaining! (and then Lady Gaga followed us to Vegas cause we saw she was there the same time we were too!)
Mike, Angie, Devin and Dillion! Thanks for such a great visit!(and Mike...........thanks for putting hot pink tips in your hair just for me..........I loved it!)
We went up to Park City, UT. (looks much different with snow, than last summer when I was there and it was HOT!) Lots of snow. We walked thru all the shops and showed the kids the sites. When up to the ski area. So beautiful. Showed them where alot of the venues were for the 2002 Olympics were held.
We managed to find candy shops everywhere we went! Doesn't Tyler look sweet? hahahaaaa
Salt Lake City is surrounded by mountains. Such a beautiful place. Nicole loved the big city and wants to move there!
Tyler had so much fun playing with Devin and Dillon. We didn't see much of them for 3 days. (they have a game room with video games..................little boys dream.............) We had lots of snow in Park City.

And for anyone thinking that SLC is strictly made up of strict mormons??????? WRONG! hahahahahahahaaa...............have some hilarious stories but cannot post them on my blog. Not appropriate and definatley not family oriented. My friend Sheila from CO knows what I'm talking about. We were texting the entire time and I'm still laughing OUT LOUD at those texts.

And I also stalked my sister Donna the entire trip. (I can fill you in on the "conservative-little-mormon-town" if you want a good laugh!)

We were going to stop at Zion National Park on the way to Vegas. Well.....................when we got there it was snowing. Blizzard! No visibility so we couldn't see anything so we kept on going..................
Somewhere in Arizona!!!!!!!!!!!!! We saw sunshine!
Are we there yet?

1 comment:

Donna said...

Sounds like u had fun, hopefully u got lots
With your new camera. I wanted to see a
Picture of the awesome quilt your awesome
Sisters made ;). Bet your not too anxious for
A road trip anytime soon LOL. Looked like
Fun!!!!