Saturday, May 21, 2011

"busy week.....with a little fun sprinkled in..."

Believe it or not........I did some fun things this week.
(after working of coarse, and trying to fit in exercise, and a visit to the chiropractor, teenage drama (Nicole and the boy broke up! you get so attatched to these kids and treat them like your own! and they are out of your life in an instant), replacing cell phones, attending softball playoffs, farmers market, trip to Salem, trip to Eugene, cooking/eating healthy (that one slipped a little this week!), finishing planting flowers, dog sitting, trip to Corvallis for supplies, all the normal daily stuff...and sometimes I try to fit sleep in there.)
So anyhoo...................Yesterday (I think that was Friday?) I did my lovely friend Erin's hair. So being the smart, intelligent, fun girls that we are..............we decided...............after hair why not go shopping in Salem? Yay!! We left town around 12:30 and the sun was shining and skies were blue! She suggested we go to lunch at a place in Salem called the French Press.
OMG..............the cutest, quaintest, yummiest place ever!!!
We sat outside on the patio. And had awesome savory crepes...........and enjoyed the sunshine and our time to visit. The food was so good! So was the sweet crepe we had for dessert! Strawberries and cream................(we split it!!!!!!! we aren't that greedy......even tho we probably could have both polished off our own desserts!) Don't judge...............

(And I need MY hair done really badly!!! Can't seem to find time to get it done, and I noticed in all pics of me recently it's pulled up (but you know I'm wearing some cute flower or accessory!) My hairstylist has been too busy too! I need to beg and plead. Or just make her look at my hair and feel sorry for me!)



I really should have taken a picture of our lovely crepes before we devoured them! But they smelled and tasted so yummy.................(I hope you can't tell that we licked the plates?) haha!

Can't wait to go back! (Donna, let me know when you are ready to try it too!)

So after we had a very lovely lunch................I could see a cute little gift type store from where I was sitting on the patio. So we strolled over to check it out. Such great stuff! Lots of bling. Pretty decor. I just wanted to move right in.

(my camera phone isn't the best.........but my new phone is sitting in the other room waiting to be activated.....I will put that on my to-do list today!)

I didn't end up purchasing anything (surprise!). Especially since everything in the store was 50% off. Erin did get a fab, sparkly braclet! And then we made our way to the mall to see what bargains we could find. Not great sales, or much to chose from. But we had fun anyways. And had frozen yogurt :)

Earlier in the week, Nicole had playoff games for softball. Monday they had a stellar game and won by a landslide, so that put them in the running. Thursday night they had a game at Churchill (they were ranked #1 in their league!). We lost but they put up a good fight and played great and only lost by 4 runs. Not to bad considering the other team was ranked so high.(since they lost....the season is now officially over!) The weather was gorgeous and I enjoyed sitting out in the sun watching the girls play. And I'm a sucker for the National Anthem before the game.......

I love the new farmers market/fruit stand we have in town! I've been there several times now and they are starting to recognize me. ha! And I love Saturday market and all..................but I don't always make it down there on a Saturday before noon (don't they know I'm busy!)......and sometimes need fruit on a Tuesday evening!

I wanted to buy every single thing on this wall.........but refrained....

I even got my man to go with me! (he carried my basket. hahahahaaa).

Everything is so pretty. And each time I go back there is different produce there. Love it!



And this morning I got up and walked 3.4 miles. Went out on my back patio and drank a cup of coffee and ate a banana. Planted the rest of my flowers (last weekend I ran out of soil and pots!)

Picked up the house. Nicole started laundry. I think the girls (Nicole and Raelynn) are finally showered and I think they are going to the mall. Weird they can just jump in her car and go. She has had a rough week so I'm giving her some time to do her own thing.
I may grab my pile of magazines and go in my backyard and read (or nap!)............(the idea is good, but probably won't happen......I see too much that needs to be done!)

No comments: