Sunday, March 4, 2012

"Girls Weekend...Tollgate Day 3"

So today was supposed to be our "relax day". Not leave the house. Be crafty. Read and just hang out.

Not shower unless we felt like it. I had to shower.........couldn't stand it! We started out pretty good. Donna read.

We visited and drank coffee. Talked about going on a walk. Drank some more coffee. (nice-no make up.)

Angela started to be crafty. Then we somehow decided we "needed" to go to Micheal's craft store. Angela needed something? And I wanted to buy some scrapbook paper to make a birthday banner for Nicole's birthday. Angela has all the cool tools. A cricut. Seriously so cool!

Sherri made some baked kale. That was our attempt to eat healthy this weekend. Ha! Yeah right!

And I knew it wasn't a good idea to put a bottle of pink bubbly muscato in the freezer. I even commented that we better not forget it in the freezer last night.....I went to get it out this morning. No bueno........exploded!!!!! And we didn't even get to try it! What a mess. The carbonation was the culprit.......(it looks like pink cotton candy)

So we decided to go into Bend and get some scrapbook supplies and come right back and be crafy. I don't think Donna was too excited to leave the house and she hadn't had her walk yet. But off we go! Beautiful day today.

Ahhhhhhhh................the craft store................

Love the dollar section!

Those two were left unsupervised again! I can't leave them alone together for a minute.

Got all our fun supplies and back to the house!

Donna was kind of over it. Over us. Over the "leaving the house". We needed to feed her and take her on a walk.......ha!

We got back to the house around 4:30. Donna already was into the wine? And I was making snacks. What's wrong with this picture?

Angela and I got our craft on. (the house looks TRASHED in all of these pictures!) I finished my banner (it's fab and will make an appearance for Nicole's birthday.) We had fun playing with the cool supplies.

Donna got back to reading......................

Aunt Sherri was having hot flashes so she got out her fan. This made me laugh out loud! She said my mom would understand.

We didn't get our exercise/walk in this morning so about dusk tonight we decided to go on a walk! I decided to ride. My choice of bikes was the baby seat on the back.............or the double tandem.......didn't think I could handle that one on my own! I chose the baby seat.

Donna and Angela decided to walk..............was a beautiful night. Moon was out and bright. Was cold but not unbearable. Was dark and hard to see. I almost crashed once. We made it back alive.

And just in case we hadn't crammed enough into one day..................We decided to color Angela's "grey roots". That was the fast and furious trip to beauty supply yesterday. Who gets their hair done while on a "relaxing" girls weekend? And that means I was working!!!!! I don't ever quite get away from "work". But grey roots are gone.....................

And while we were gone to our retail therapy trip to Micheal's we get a text from Aunt Sherri that she was sitting out on the deck enjoying the sunshine with a glass of wine! By herself! Jealous!

As far as relaxing and doing nothing......................well that hasn't happened yet! ha! Busy as usual but so nice to get away. Donna was happy after we went on a walk and she had some wine. I haven't even opened my book. Haven't opened a magazine. Haven't slept in past 7:30 and haven't even been on Pinterest! What the heck have I been doing all weekend? Went by so fast. We come home tomorrow and then it's back to work and the crazy..............


Next time we need to come for a week! 3 1/2 days just wasn't enough! I think we are going to watch a movie tonight? Most of the snow is melting. We have eaten way too much. But had fun with all our running around and silly pics. We need to get out more!

No comments: