Sunday, April 28, 2013

"Vegas..........Part 2............we finally arrive!!"

 We finally arrive and meet up with the rest of our group (a few are missing from this pic). They had been there almost 7 hours in front of us. We went to dinner and had a drink and got LeRoy back to the room to get his ankle propped up.
 The next day there was no way LeRoy was going to the Trade show. So I told him he had to sit with his ankle propped and iced all day. He could sit by the pool as easy as sit in the room! So he hobbled down and we sat out for most of the day. We stayed at the MGM and they have the best pools on the strip (6 total)





 So everyday I tried out a different pool and view. (People watching was fun too!)
 LeRoy doesn't enjoy sitting by the pool like I do. But he didn't have much of a choice! So here he sits! But I got him food and drinks and brought him candy.

 Finally a much needed drink!!!! (I hardly ate or drank much of anything the entire week). I was so looking foward to this trip. Relaxing. Eating and drinking. Shopping. Sleeping in. Reading. Did none of those things! Ha!
 This is the only thing I bought the entire time we were in Vegas (besides food and coffee). It was freezing in all the hotels. I bought this for jammies.
 More of the pools at the MGM (I think this was the Tuesday pool)

 We stayed mostly in our hotel so LeRoy didn't have to walk too far. We gambled a little.
 The night we had our show tickets (Chris Angel-Mindfreak). The guys took a cab with gimpy and us girls (and Joe) walked back. So this was the only time we were out of our hotel property and I did get to see the Strip at least once!

 Another pool day. He actually may have enjoyed it a little. But not alot!! I don't feel like I ever really got to relax even tho I was down by the pool.  I worried (but was glad I made him go get x-rays so I didn't worry more about it being broken!) and felt bad that he missed out on all the things we wanted to do.

 The weather was perfect.

 The last day I finally read 1 magazine by the pool! Didn't even open my book once! We got home about 8:00 pm Thursday night and I was back to work bright and early Friday morning and worked a long day and worked Saturday doing prom hair. I'm tired......................
 That will be a trip to rememeber. But I came back exhausted. And sore. My legs and feet are still hurting a week later! I think I pulled a muscle (or 3) in my leg pushing LeRoy around in a wheelchair and hauling all that luggage in and out of cabs and the plane and the hotel room etc. At least we made it and tried to make the most of it. I was just glad it wasn't broken. It could have been worse and I'm grateful it wasn't. I told the hubs he owes me a trip :)

No comments: