Sunday, December 14, 2008

"bring on the snow......"

We went to a family Christmas party in Lebanon around 5:00 today. Road were clear. A little drizzle going on. Around 7:00 we started getting texts and phone calls from our loving friends to get ourselves home because I was SNOWING in Albany. Lots and lots. We still hadn't seen any in Lebanon. About 8:30 we started seeing it come down so we headed out. As we got closer to Albany the temperature starting dropping about a degree a mile. Blizzard driving conditions. Roads were a solid sheet of ice. Kids were getting very excited. Starting to realize there might not be school tomorrow. By the time we got home (just a few minutes ago) they were dancing around like hoolagans...................... Tyler was so excited he went out in his SHORTS!!
My precious baby boys handprints (actually, he is nine years old). He said "look mom, at my handprints in the snow". That is one of the sweetest things in the world to hear.

Frosty was at our house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



My kids are so excited they were HUGGING each other in the front yard. I didn't get that one on film, but am happy that the snow brings out the best in them :)
Hugs for everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I doubt they will have school tomorrow. It's 26 degrees and the high tomorrow is supposed to be 18 degrees. I will call my clients and see if they are coming in and it not, I am staying home with my kids for a SNOW DAY! Best december EVER!!!!







3 comments:

{marie} said...

even better than the snow is the fact that your kids were hugging in the front yard. i'm buying you a snow machine for christmas. and i will be doing the money dance for you tonight. watch for it. love ya girlie. i will also be doing the no work for you and me dance.

Missy said...

Funny that you said you are buying me a snow machine!! I told my kids the same thing and that sucker is going to be on year round!

Mrs Anne said...

your kids are so cute... your son's eyes?? wow... heartbreaker!!!

Love the shot of his hands..

where's the pic of YOU dancin' in the front yard?? I KNOW you and Kam have these dances sychronized!