Friday, April 3, 2009

"the perfect friday night"

After a VERY long and tiring week and having a sore throat and feeling crummy all week. It's Friday night. Hooray!! And it's just the 4 of us.
That's right. Me, LeRoy, Nicole and Tyler.
No joke.
No extra kids.
Just us. Bliss. ........and finally finding Cadbury Mini chocolate eggs.
Due to hormonal inbalance (tee hee) I have been looking for these for 2 days and about 5 stores later. That should be a post all it's own, but I will spare you the gory details. :) Finally found them at Fred Meyers.

So my plan tonight is............
Cadbury eggs.
Bought a nice cold Diet A & W root beer out of the cooler.
Silly these little things make me happy.
I don't usually buy or even eat candy, but due to the i-need-chocolate-or-someone-will-get-hurt imbalance, I was on the hunt for somethin'.
Nicole usually won't let me buy candy, but I think she got my drift :)
I found these Nerds bumpy jelly beans and................................OMG. the perfect balance of a little crunchy, a little sour, gummy, goodness.

And then Nicole wanted the whoppers robin eggs.

So I got the boys little bowls of candy and they are happy as can be on their computers.
Nicole and I went to Hollywood to rent movies.
This one is my pick. I will try and do a review post and report if they were good or not.

Nicole's pick.
Nicole's pick. (she ALWAYS picks sports movies, her fav.)

I know I will be regretting my sugar-polooza tomorrow. or when I get on the scale next week. But whatever. Right at this moment, I am happy. Happy my family is home safe. I get them all to myself :)
Straight sugar running straight thru my veins, comfy pants on, curled up with my hobo quilt, blogging and going to veg on my couch with my teenage daughter and watch movies. I love my family.
Bliss.......................................

3 comments:

Susanne P. said...

perfect.

Jessie Brown said...

I have got to say...this sounds AMAZING!!! I would be so happy to go home today (early, so it's still nice and warm), have a bag of mini-eggs (which Craig has at our house and my head is about to blow off thinking about them) and yes, a diet root beer. It's funny how simple things can be so heavenly. Thank you so much for your help! You rock!

Angelina said...

yup...i had read this blog. just had a momentary lapse of amnesia. thanks so much for squeezing me in today...lovely to see you as always.