Monday, May 18, 2009

"multnomah falls......part 1"

So we went to Mulnomah Falls yesterday. I wanted to go on Mothers Day, but my mother's day was a disaster. Notice I didn't even post that day. Let's just leave it at that.
This was my mothers day "re-d0" or "do-over". This is what I wanted to do. Trail to the top is 1.2 miles. Sounds easy. I walk all the time, how hard could that be? Well.......when the incline is about 45 degrees, it was another story.


Tyler and I did great. The other 2. Well......I was hoping I wasn't going to have to call in life-flight for LeRoy. :) Nicole said "this isn't my thing, can we turn around and go back?" Ummmm. No. We had no idea how far it was to the top. Seamed like forever. Winding, climbing, resting, the trail went on and on and on. Beautiful scenery. Interesting people.
This was about half way up. Well, I don't really know where the halfway point was! Stopped and rested. Nicoles feet where hurting. I told her to wear comfortable walking shoes. Who wears converse? I must say there were lots of interesting shoe choices I noticed on fellow hikers. Saw lots of flip flops? Are you kidding me? A few pairs of HEELS and wedge type shoes. Some barefoot. I don't think people realized what they were in for. And there is no way they made it to the top.

Tyler loved the caves and scenery. He found a walking stick and was on top of the world. LOVED IT.


On the path to the never ending trail........

Did we make it??????????????

1 comment:

Becky J Erbes said...

What a beautiful walk!! We'll have to get up there someday!! You look AWESOME girl!!! Those walks are totally paying off!!! Miss you guys!

<3