Monday, May 18, 2009

"multnomah falls.....part 2"

Oh Dear God, we made it. And it was worth it. So beautiful. LeRoy survived. No search and rescue needed.
Hard to believe we started here and ended up clear on top of this waterfall.


Here is the "mouth" of the waterfall. See how far down the parking is? That must be why my legs are sore today. Was a great workout!

After our 2 hour hike everyone was STARVING. I had gotten up early before we headed out and packed and ice chest with lunch.
We drove south until we found a state park and ended up at Rooster Rock. Beautiful. Right on the Columbia River. Watched to boats and jet skis and enjoyed our lunch in the shade.


I made sandwiches. Cut up fresh fruit. Chips. Cookies. String cheese and ice cold soda and water. I could have stayed there all day.

So my Mother's day "re-do" turned out to be just what I wanted............................

No comments: