Sunday, June 5, 2011

"Foster Lake 5k....(part 1 of my weekend)"

Let's start off Saturday morning with a 5k!
(we just sign our kids up and tell them we paid for it and they are going with us! hahaaa) Foster Lake Dam Run 2011.

Nicole and Drake are official running buddies (even tho Nicole says SHE slows HIM down. he is a fast little man.)

What a beautiful morning. Sun was out and warm!

We got to my sisters house in Lebanon at 8:00 am and headed up the Sweet Home/Foster Lake.

We had to walk about 3 miles (maybe a little exaggerated....) to get to registration and then walk across the dam to get to the starting line? So we decided this was our "glory shot" running....(the race hadn't even started yet!) hahahaaaaaaaaa

I wasn't sure what our route was yet.............a little nervous........

And taking pics along the way incase we didn't make it. hahaaa......and got a pic of my sis playing with her butt. Pictures don't lie............I told you I was going to post this one! (I think the sillier the pic, the better........shinnanaghans!)

We waited around an extra half hour for the race to start! Was getting hot! And we were already tired. I didn't eat a proper breakfast (10 almonds and a 1/2 cup of coffee didn't quite cut it). And we are off...............Ummmmmmmmm....no one told me their was a hill???? The kids were in front of us (by quite a bit! Nicole in the green shirt and Drake in the red shirt). Going down is ok........but we will have to come back up!


This is where my sweet sister ditched me (on the uphill side). hahahahaahaa........

I think she kept this pace up for the rest of the race............nice knowing ya! (really, it's ok)

The kids made it back up the hill..........I wasn't so thrilled about it (but then today I went on a 10 mile bike ride....what am I thinking??)

We all beat are times from the last 5k! yay!

And we saw Brandi there too!!!!!

We did it!!!!!! Another 5k under our belt!!!!! Good job sista!

And my awesome daughter got 2nd place and a metal for her age division! (last 5k she got 1st place!)Good job Nicole! So fun that we can do this together and you are such a stud, you are collecting metals!



And we are headed to the Strawberry Parade in Lebanon and all decided to wear our numbers all day (cause we are cool like that) and Nicole should wear her metal all day too...........

1 comment:

Donna said...

What a fun exhausting day, could we have packed anymore into one day??!!! It was fun to spend time with the kids and then lunch with the rest of the family. Even if I was hot and sweaty and had not showered LOL....I think I need to start scoping out the next 5K (Need to find out first if there is a hill!!). Good bonding day sista (and of course we got good pics, it's all about the pictures!)