Sunday, June 12, 2011

"Tyler's 5th grade party.........."

End of the year party!Bowling and mini-golf! The kids were wound up and excited. It was only Tyler's 5th grade class.

They were hyper to begin with.........but once the lights went off and music cranked up..........OMG........these kids went crazy! Funny crazy. I just sat back and observed. At this age (11ish) it's the pivotal age of interaction with girls and boys. Subtle flirting. Alot of the girls are taller than the boys. The boys oblivious to the (not so) subtle flirting from the girls. Girls nervously following the pack of girls flirting with the boys. Singing and dancing to the loud music.

Watching my son from a distance was hilarious. He was dancing, or moonwalking across the entire lanes of the bowling alley (we had the entire bowling alley to ourselves!) Not caring who was watching. Being crazy with his friends. Laughing at his bad bowling skills. He may (or may not) have been aware of all the girls watching him because was being quite charming....ha!

So my motley crue got a game of bowling in and then wanted to go out and play mini-golf.

Once we got out there, it had started to sprinkle. All the other groups had gone back in to bowl and we were the only ones out there. It started off normal.............................

And they started getting sillier, and sillier and the shinnanighans began!

Poor sweet girl with all these rowdy boys. (I had a great group!)

I'm sure this is the proper way to putt???????



I had to be alert and aware because the balls were flying off rocks, going into the water, going onto other holes, these kids were crazy.

But GREAT time had by all. That was on the the funnest field trips I have gone on with one of my kids. Next week is the last week of school. Elementary school and field trips I get to attend are over forever.....kinda makes me sad. Tyler is on to middle school next year! Yikes.........Nicole finally got her metal for her 1st place 5k we did at Cheadle Lake..........


And my sweet friend Kela supplied a beautiful arrangement of dogwood blooms for my kitchen table. Thanks friend...........


Yesterday Nicole had a basketball tourney in West Linn that lasted all day. We left at 8:00 am and got home last night at 8:00 pm.......That was a long day. No pics. Just a sore bottom from sitting in bleachers all day!!!! Wish I could relax today, but we need to clean house and I need to get supplies for work. No rest for the wary.....

2 comments:

Donna said...

You look very skinny in that first picture!! Keep up the good work. Glad she finally got her medal too.....

Missy said...

thanks! I do look skinny....what the heck? I have been feeling fat and squishy! But I'm back on track and gonna eat good food this week! lol