Friday, July 8, 2011

"4th of July.....Newport Beach"

I love the 4th of July!
We went to Newport for the fourth year in a row. Thought we were going on Friday, but didn't end up going until Sunday. Long story, but at least we made it! (and we ended up going to Portland with our friends to the Blues Fest on Saturday, so not all was lost!) When we got into town..........before we even checked in at the condo............we had to go to my favorite pizza place. I should know the name of it........but I don't. hahhaaha.....I do know it's down on Nye Beach and the best pizza I have ever eaten in my entire life. So good. Se we took the kids (+1) to eat first!

I didn't see much of the girls this weekend. They were on the laptop. And took forever to get ready. So we just saw them occassionally when we came back to the room for food. They kind of did their own thing.............they are teenagers after all.........had no time for us........

We piled in the car on a search for my sister and her family. We knew they were camping and what campground they were in but had no idea what camp spot and it was packed! We drove around for almost an hour and finally found them (no one was texting me back, so I just stalked them!.) In the last camp spot in the campground! The kids ran around and played latter ball and catch. Drake thought he was the man....................(not sure why Gunner is not in this picture?!)



I just have to say how much I love my husband. He is the best. Thanks for always having my back...............I love you ........................





We walked the docks like we always do. So much fun to do at sunset. That's kind of mine and Tylers "thing".



This kid makes me laugh...............love this kid!

Me and LeRoy and Tyler went to Nye Beach. The girls weren't ready and we weren't waitin'. I bought these silly headbands for this weekend. We got our $2 worth!

This is probably one of my favorite pictures I have ever taken of my son. He looks so cool and grown up. And cute! Day at the beach!

And this proves that white boys can jump! LeRoy made it! (the way back he may or may not have made the jump....hhahahahaaaaa).

My boys..........

It was so windy at the beach! Windy and cold. And I can't believe I got my hubs to wear the headband with"hair". hahahahahahaaaaaa.....He is always a good sport. He is married to me after all.............I'm always up for shinnanghans..





My son loves to dig in the sand! The three of us walked and hung out down at the beach for a couple of hours. Finally left cause it was so windy and cold. Sun was shining and was a beautiful day. Spent some awesome quality time with my boys...........

Oh..............the girls have surfaced!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think they went to town with grandma???? They look like they showered and got ready.............I saw them briefly and then we were off again to explore......

LeRoy and I walked down to the waterfront from our condo. We saw my sister and her group. Didn't have a single picture of Gunner from the weekend so I forced him at the candy store. I'm sure he was thrilled.....

We walked the waterfront and all the rinky-dink stores. Didn't get to hang out with them as much as I would have liked.........but got a family pic...............minus my kids..........hahahahaa

I hung out with my favorite 2 boys all weekend! (LeRoy and Tyler). We walked down to the Embarcadero docks and checked out where they were doing the fireworks this year. Word on the street was they moved it to the other side of the bay.

Had a good time. Watched fireworks and bonded with my boys.

No comments: