Thursday, July 7, 2011

"father's day weekend......"

Father's day weekend............................
The ideal is to have a family BBQ and honor the father's in your life. Well..................
LeRoy didn't want to do anything.
My dad was coming home from the cabin.
LeRoy's dad was in Mexico.
So I decided..........to make yummy treats for my dad and my husband (even though he is not my father!)
I have been really watching what I've been eating and decided I was craving some carbs!
I went on a cook-from-scratch-frenzy!!!
I made: whole wheat banana bread, honey bread, pecan pie (for the dads), peach/pear cobbler (for the dads), homemade chili, pulled pork sandwiches, smoothies, omlets loaded with bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes, cheese and onions.
We didn't eat all of this in one day. hahahahhahaha!! But that's pretty much the menu for the weekend. You have to eat 3 meals a day right?! Does bread count as a meal????So since I was a little OCD about cooking.....................
I went way overboard with an OCD lovers dream weekend.........and cleaned too!
Oh, did I clean.........Nothing was safe.
I took the entire junk/misc. drawer in my kitchen.................and asked my loving husband to hold a trash bag for me cause I was dumping it! The entire drawer!!! A look of panic washed over his face as I started dumping and he started grabbing. You know..........like flashlights and crazy glue and stuff. hahahhahahahahaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....So liberating! I did pick out a "few" things worth saving. (except for yesterday when my hubs asked my for the Gorilla Glue..........00000ppps..that must not have made the dump).
I cleaned off book shelves. Recycled magazines. Priced garage sale stuff and had plenty of garbage! Helped the kids go through their clothes and donated or priced. Folded 10 loads of clean laundry and separated the mis-match sock basket. If the little sockies didn't have a mate...........buh-buyyyyyyy.............

Organize. Dust. Clean. Framed my awesome pic from Sophia.

Cleaned out all 3 bathrooms............

Even organized my cereal (have I mentioned I have OCD???) And I think the cereal is what started the entire clean-a-palooza in the first place. My husband was loving it! He hates clutter. (and I don't have a pantry.......so I think I have pantry-envy).

I washed containers and jars.......and put stuff in them! I like everything to be uniform and contained!

Medicine cabinets.........

My medicine cabinet. Who's medicine cabinet looks like this? Especially since we have lived in this house for 18 years!

Ahhhhhh............cleaned my makeup and organized it.........Makes me so happy! (It doesn't take much these days to make me happy).


I am getting so weird in my old age. I guess it's better than gambling or drinking right?????? And I spent from sun-up to sun-down on my little frenzy......No one tried to stop me..hahha

No comments: