Wednesday, July 27, 2011

"sunday drive to the lake.........."

So I have decided that I have some issues with just relaxing. (I don't know how!!)
Sitting. Doing nothing. Can't do it......(My husband acknowledges that I have this problem!!!!!)
So I worked all week and decided to have a garage sale on Friday and Saturday. That's alot of work. We got rid of a lot of stuff so that made me happy and my garage is cleaner..........
So Sunday instead of just hanging out (since we were back to work on Monday) I wanted to go somewhere. Nicole had made plans with her friends to go to the lake. Well.........I wanted to go to the lake too! She wasn't so keen on the idea of me hanging out with her and her friends............FINE.......we will do our own thing!
Me and Leroy and Tyler packed some snacks and water and headed east to Foster Lake. I knew my sister KayDee (and Brandi) were up there. So we saw them and stopped and visited. And who appears about 20 minutes later? Nicole and her friends. hahhahahaaaaa.......we were there 1st. But me and the boys decided to go drive up to Green Peter Lake. Bye girls............ It was a gorgeous day and was cool with all the trees and water so close. We drove around Foster Lake. Continued up past Green Peter and kept going to Quartsville..........


After alot of driving we saw Dogwood Day Area. Tyler and I are pretty adventurous and wanted to stop and check it out. We knew we could see the creek so the 3 of us tromped down there. (Tyler looks like Sasquach walking in this picture)......

Ahhhhh.................we went thru the forest down to the creek.

Tyler: "mom, how far can I go out?" Mom: "as far as you want because the deepest part is only about a foot deep. Have fun and don't fall and crack your head open."

He is a resourceful kid and found a stick to measure how deep it was before he went any further. Smart kid. But the water was so clear you could see all the tadpoles and salamanders and anything creepy in the water. He looks like he is walking on water........hahhahaaa...........

Another good Sasquach impression............







It was so peaceful and quiet. And I was with my boys..........Tyler wanted to stay the night and camp out on the bank......

I managed NOT to fall down. But the bugs liked me and I needed to go to the bathroom! Boys are lucky.................

(I stayed close incase I needed to go in after him) (Later it was LeRoy that almost HAD to go in after him!)

Tyler sat on this rock for a long time. Just watching the water, talking to us and saying how cool this was and he didn't want to leave, and if we did leave he wanted to come back.

Eventually all good things must come to an end. So we told him to start heading back to the bank. And to be careful of the slimy, slick rocks. He almost made it back without falling in!!!!!!!!

He was mad he broke his stick. But he was wearing swim trunks, so it was ok that he got wet! And he cracked his knee on a rock. No blood, so it's all good. He said he still had fun and wanted to go back.

We headed home about 8:00 pm. Just as the sun was setting. What a nice way to spend my Sunday.

No comments: