Wednesday, July 8, 2009

"independence day"

This year we went to Newport for 4th of July. We went with Grandma and Grandpa Mary. And my "toasted marshmallow" daughter Cassandra went with us. It was foggy and cold. Just the way I like it! We left town on Friday and it was a blazing 96 degrees in Albany and when we rolled into Newport it was a cool 61 degrees....... We walked down on the docks and people were crabbing. One of the crab pots had a starfish and the guy asked the girls if they wanted to hold it. Cool. Then they put it back into the ocean.
I love my family :)

So foggy on the 4th we could hardly see the bridge. This is from our hotel balcony. Fireworks were hard to see but was cool and looked like colored lightning in the sky. Fog relfected it and lit the entire sky.
Cassandras family came over on Saturday and stayed in the same hotel and we BBQed and watched fireworks.Sunday we took the kids to Nye Beach. Was windy and FREEZING. We were going to attend the clam bake on Saturday at Nye Beach but never quite made it. Went to Lincoln City and went shopping instead :) Was a fun day. I packed a lunch and we enjoyed our day.
Tyler didn't care that it was so cold. He still wanted to dig and get dirty. LeRoy and Nicole went to the warm car. ha! So typical. I didn't mind.

My Boys.........Grandpa, LeRoy and Tyler. Definately can tell they are related!

No comments: