Tuesday, July 14, 2009

"new york city"

I have so many awesome pictures from our trip.
These are from New York City, downtown Manhattan.
This is one of my favorite pictures.
It sums up what you think the streets of the city look like.
Hot dog stand with umbrellas and cabs and bright colors. I did get a "dirty water dog". Pretty good if you don't think about it! ha. But I can say I have eaten a hot dog from a street vendor in New York City...... check that off my list! My two favortie girls. We were headed out to a Broadway play. On Broadway. On a Saturday night. What is cooler than that?

The Chrysler Building is such a familiar landmark. Cool to see it from the street.

The ferry boat ride out to the Statue of Liberty was awesome. Was morning and cloudy but serene. I love boats and being outside. The rain subsided so we didn't get wet until we got to Lady Liberty!

My gorgeous girl LOVED the city. She wants to move there!
I can't remember the name of this street, but I'm going back someday. It is a street full of different restaurants and has tables outside. We walked down it and I wanted to stay.
So enjoyable.
I can just picture sleeping in, going to a deli for coffee in the morning, doing a little shopping and coming here from lunch. With my BFF and our girls.......
We walked down to Wall Street.
Was really cool because I used to work in that industry. (for a stock broker at an investment firm).
In front of the New York Stock Exchange.
Ground Zero.
This restaurant Delmonico's was the elite of elite back in the day. Rich people would come from everywhere to see and be seen.
It's still open but has had a lot of turnover with owners. Gorgeous building.

I have so many pics to post. More to come.....................................

No comments: