Wednesday, July 29, 2009

"yes......there is a dresscode"

Here are some of the outfits I am taking to Vegas.
(not the one I have on, that's just what I wore to work today to try and stay cool cause it was so HOT! Anything over 100 degrees is too much for me). But I might throw it in.
Kambria needs to START SHOPPING! These pics are actually for her cause she wanted to know what I was taking to wear. Some (most) of them are new. But I am a BARGAIN shopper and she wants to do it all in one day and only spend $100 dollars. It's possible, but don't expect to find what you want the day before we leave!!!!!!
This is where we differ drastically. She's ying, I'm yang.
I have been looking/bargain shopping for awhile. She will wait till the morning of our departure and go to Old Navy and buy "what works". ha ha. I have to give her a bad time cause that's what we do! :) I was gonna try everything on and have a little fashion show for the girls, but it's too hot. And I'm too tired. So I tried my best to get decent pics. But you get the idea. (and obviously I am into prints right now?)
*Now I'm thinking about accessories. And most of these outfits do have an alternate shoe option.* Too many choices to post. Oh, and I need handbags/purses.....hmmmmm.
(How many days are we going to be gone????? ha ha. I need options!)
I want to be comfortable and cool. Oh, and cute!

I might wear the purple one below on the plane. It's cotton and cool and it's my BIRTHDAY!

Here is my pool attire. Kam is going to laugh her *ss off.
Got my cover-up. Bling-y beach bag. Sparkly flip flops and floppy hat. Oh, I will probably have accessories for it too. ha ha ha hahahhahahahhhhahahaaaaaaaaa.
T-shirts that are pilley and BROWN are not gonna cut it sister! ha ha again!
This might be my Birthday dinner dress.Found these awesome shoes at Kohl's for $10 on clearance. I wore them around the store while I was shopping to make sure they were comfortable. They are. My son wasn't even embarrassed since he was with me. He's used to it. Poor kid.

More bargains. Earrings 80% at Kohl's. Gold flip flops Pac Sun $5. Liz Claiborne Shorts $14. Gorgeous shirt $20. See. You can look fab on a budget.
It's going to be hot, so I wanted to wear light, comfortable sundresses when we are not lounging by the pool. or at the spa. or eating. or drinking. or sleeping (have cute jammies too, but didn't post them!)

On a random note.
*I have some great pics to post from the lake on Saturday. Took the kids. Will post later.
*Is ice cream considered dinner?
*How many days are we gonna be gone again? Cause this isn't all my outfits, just the ones I got on this post so I can go to bed.
*Kambria's daughter asked her why she never wears her hair up? Kambria's response "because I don't like my face". It's not funny, but I was there and it was funny and I laughed my ass off.
*I am taking mostly white bottoms. shorts/capris/pants? I guess because it's cooler. But random that I just noticed. oh and all my dresses are a print?
*So excited! 2 more weeks. Gonna be a busy weekend.
My 20th class reunion is Fri & Sat night. 14th & 15th.
Birthday (16th) and fly out to Vegas on Sunday. Will have plenty of inappropriate pics to post when we get back!

4 comments:

{marie} said...

dying. i am so screwed. i totally just want to be your lesbian husband so i can just wear cargo shorts, flip flops, and that pilly brown tank top.

thanks yang!

Sunny said...

Missy...all your outfits are great and you are going to be one hot mama in Vegas! Love it and so wish I could see what you see when you go bargain shopping. I never seem to be able to put a decent outfit together! You enforce that dresscode for Kam in Vegas!

Mrs Anne said...

omg love love LOVE the outfits!



miss your face.

Donna said...

Jealous, wish I was going!! Are you taking one suitcase just for shoes? You know they charge now for extra check luggage :D (J/K) Love the purple dress, makes me wnat/need some new clothes!!