Sunday, October 11, 2009

"crockpot chili and a new do....."

This recipe is actually "soup mix in a jar", but bottom line is.....it's chili. SO GOOD. I made it in my crockpot. I made up about 6 jars of the dry ingredients so all I had to do was add the browned meat and tomatoes and sauce. Tyler and I made it a project and went to the store and bought the dried beans, etc and he read the recipe and measured and dumped into the jars. So fun. Then I made little tags for each jar so I have the directions.On busy weekday mornings I can just throw it all in the crockpot and I have yummy, bubbly chili ready when I walk in the door. Add cheese to make it even more yummy.
"Chili in a Jar"
1/2 c. dried red kidney beans
1/2 c. dried navy beans
1/2 c. dried black beans
1/3 c. minced dried onions (seems like a lot, but it's perfect)
1 tbsp. chili powder
1 1/2 tbsp. dried parley flakes
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. each salt & pepper
1/2 tsp. dried minced garlic
Layer in jars. (or put in crockpot)
Brown and drain 1 lb. ground beef. Add 6 cups water. Ground beef to crockpot. Add 16oz can tomatoes. 1 small can tomato paste (6 oz). Cover and cook 9 hours on low. ok. Friday was thinkin' I'm ready to cut my hair. Was going to do it after work but took 2 more haircut appts and ran out of time. Just talked to Teresa. She told me to meet her down at the salon in 15 minutes. Crap. Now I'm commited. Hopefully I love it. Oh, well.....it's only hair!
Will post tomorrow with my new do...........................

1 comment:

Donna said...

This Chili recipe sounds good (and easy) I am going to have to try it. I love using my crockpot!!