Monday, August 22, 2011

"40 and Fabulous......The Decor"

When I decided to throw myself, my own 40th birthday party (nothing about that sounds right!) I decided I wanted Fruffy. Pink. Fabulous. Glittery. Pretty. Girly. Candles. All beautiful things to look at.
I asked all of my guests to wear white attire. I thought it would be cool for pictures (hahahha). Everyone gave me a little growling about wearing all white. But the pictures turned out so amazing it was worth the grumbles!! So I sweetly asked my aunt Michelle, cousin Angela and my mom if they would help me with my 40th birthday party.
That was a year ago I asked.
They may now be regretting to agreeing. We pooled our resources and all of our crystal and candles and birdcages and goodwill treasures to throw an absolutely stunning party. Angela's backyard was the perfect venue! Who doesn't have 3 chandeliers at their 40th birthday party???!














Lovely flowers from lovely Jaunita's yard..........





They made me decorate my own chair. So I made it fabulous and a table to go with it! I had my own ice bucket with my wine and a pink diamond wine stopper.....and my pink, monogramed, bedazzled wine glass.....(all about the details......)


This looks like the Motley Crue. Glad my butts not in there! I could identify all 4 of their backsides if anyone is interested??????














Thanks for all of my lovely gifts friends...............


I bought these lanterns at the dollar store! You can be fabulous on a budget!











I have been planning, shopping, bargaining, trading, bribing, budgeting for the last year for this party. It was the hottest day of the summer at a scorching 95 degrees! sorry to my decorators the day of the party for having to set up. But it was worth it! Great job and I loved everything. It's all about the details.............I'm still smiling right now...........

No comments: