Saturday, December 31, 2011

"The family arrives..............."

I always look forward to seeing my family. My sisters. My nephews. Aunties. The grandmas and grandpas! Anyone that wants to join the party.
And when we get together................we are loud! Crazy. Maybe a little obnoxious. Did I say loud? Always shinnanaghans.........We always want to "intrude" in each others pictures........all of them! So Christmas is a great reason to get together and be silly.
And this year was no exception. Let's just compare it to..............a frat party.............(minus the college boys and the alcohol (maybe a little wine, but seriously we weren't "altered" much).........we are just naturally crazy.........and did I say loud?) We tend to not "filter" or be afraid to be ourselves (outsiders should be afraid............we are a crazy bunch).

And obviously our kids learned from the best..........cause they are just as loud and crazy....Hi mom!!!!!!!!

I think I counted 16 people at my house on Christmas eve. And we aren't shy about taking pictures. Lots of them. And we all try to get into each others pics. Because it's funny. And obnoxious. And fun! We had a blast and the kids enjoyed each other and all of the shinnanaghans.

This picture sums it up!

All the aunties, cousins, grandparents were all there!

We had some sisterly bonding........ (I made both my sisters a little book of "52 reasons why I was happy they are my sister". Blog/crafty post to follow sometime in the future.)

We look all sweet an innocent. But I think my couch got tipped over about 3 times..............(I may have done it once.............we were seeing how "nimble" we are in our old age and if our pants were stretchy enough!) One of the kids might have tipped it once too? Who knows. We had a lot of laughter and fun.

See................Tyler is creeping in on their picture...............ahahahahahahah............we taught them well..............(we have some good lookin kids!!) I love it when the cousins get together.

Tyler, Nicole, Drake and Gunner.

Sisterly love..............(that was dripping with a little sarcasm...........we were probably creeping on someone else's pic!)

Help me...............my family is crazy (but she volunteered to wear the reindeer antlers. Actually I think she took them from one of the aunties!)

Ahhhhhhhhhh haaaaaaaaa! We caught someone tipping over the couch. Or just climbing over it. What the heck are you doing sista?

Pure shinnanaghans............... (I think at some point during the evening we opened presents? we like to have fun and not have it be about the presents.............) But we do like to eat. We did pizza bar again. Frosting sugar cookies..........(yeah right). Tons of pics (that was kind of the entertainment)

I'm not really sure what was happening here?????!!!! WHAT'S HAPPENING? (I say that alot)

Ahhh........bonding with my bro-in-law. Hi Mark!

Drake and Nicole.

Gunner must have completed decorating a cookie! No one really decorated this year (meaning Donna and I). We were distracted by all the loud fun. And food.

So glad my mom made it to the party this year! We had a blast. And thanks for making all the sugar cookies and pizza dough (and helping me clean up the kitchen). (and our little party the next day!) and dad for making your "famous" frosting (famous since 1960!)

This kids are old enough they know to just humor us...........and go along with all the pics and antics.

LeRoy was kind of MIA most of the night. When I get together with my sisters and the kids...........we kind of get loud......(I think I have said that a few times already!)

Oh.............maybe a glass or 2 of wine was consumed. (but seriously, 1 or 2........we were just all wound up that night!) Busted!!!!!!!

Everyone stayed late. We ate alot. Laughed alot. Tons of pics.

But I still have alot to do! Help me santa! (oh..............that's me!)

No comments: