Saturday, January 10, 2009

"rant for the day"

Ok. So I ALMOST fell off the wagon today. We had to get up early and be in Salem by 8:30 am this morning for a basketball tournament. I was very prepared last night and packed HEALTHY snacks, made sandwiches for the kids, packed bottled water, grapes, apples, etc. I made coffee at home and we were off. Morning started off pretty good. Games didn't go so good, but whatever. So we are leaving the tourney and end up with two extra kids.
No big deal.
Except that makes 3 teenagers, a nine year old pesty brother and a grumpy hubby in the car. With me. So I decided since we were in Salem I would go to a few beauty supply houses because I needed a few things for work. Everyone, grumble, grumble. Whatever. So I go to the 1st store. They were busy.
My cell rings and it's the kids. "when are you going to be done?". Response, "I will be done in a few minutes, I am standing in line."
2nd store (mind you I was not in one store more that 15 minutes). Hubby comes in. "are you almost done?" Response "yes, did you leave ALL the kids in the car?" yes...
Cell phone rings(kids) "Tyler is being a brat, are you almost done?" I send hubby back out to the car.
3rd store (trying to find a certain hairspray that I NEED for work).
Cell phone rings. Response "i'll be right out" I hang up. (not ever sure which kids it was, but it doesn't matter. still annoying).
ALL the way home. He's kicking the back of the seat. Put your feet down. Shut up. Stop talking. Stop looking at me. LOUD. Grrrrrrrr. Complain. Complain. Complain. I was D-U-N-N.
So I asked hubby to stop at Walgreen's in town and I needed to looked for an inexpensive wrist brace (my wrist has been so painful lately, and I am hoping its not anything to worry about).
Go into Walgreen's.
Two minutes.
Cell rings.(kids) "are you almost done". Response "I am coming out now." I grabbed to closest (crappy, cheap) brace I could find and was out the door.
I get into the car and yell at everyone. "DON'T YOU THINK I AM GOING TO COME OUT OF THE STORE WHEN I AM DONE??????????????????????????????????????????"
It's not like I was trying on clothes on a marathon shopping spree for goodness sake!
So I asked hubby to stop at little ceasars for 2 $5.00 pizzas to feed the kids. By now I am so ANNOYED. We get home they are still being LOUD. Leaving there stuff everywhere.
I sent them away. One of the other girls and her mom stopped by and I sent them all (except Tyler) AWAY.
Luckily I only had one slice of pizza. I would have eaten until I was sick because I was so stressed out. Once the left I was still wanting to eat, eat, eat. Thank goodness I don't have any junk food in the house.


I could of very easily fallen off the wagon. Face first.


So I put on my shoes, grabbed my ipod and phone and went for a walk by myself. (sorry kam I didn't call, but I had to get out of the house before I ATE anything I could find. I know you understand).
My ipod was dead, so I took Tylers.
I walked for 3 miles.
It was fabulous.
I have finally settled down and am going to make some popcorn for a snack and have a glass of water. I am over it. Feeling better (after this rant and my walk).
I don't know why I was so touchy today?? But I walked it out. Better than eating junk!!








4 comments:

Donna said...

Good for your for going on a walk. That is what I should have done. Instead, I eat some wheat thins and then some trail mix......and is that THE most irritating thing, to pick up your ipod and it is dead because one of the kids had it and did not charge it? I have been leaving mine on the elliptical but when I got to use it, I have to hunt down my ipod (usually in gunner's room! I think it is time he had his own!)

Just remember tomorrow is a new day!!

Susanne P. said...

good for you!! my problem is i would have never went on the walk. i wish i would just 'do it' like they say but i don't. fail.

hey...i have a hair cut booked with you. WHEN IS IT?? I FORGOT TO WRITE IT DOWN.

Jessie Brown said...

Good job! I had a horrible day too...It was all I could do not to buy a whole thing of Chips Ahoy and lock myself into the bathroom. Days suck sometimes, but you had a great victory in the mist of your sucky day. Congrats and keep it up! You're a rockstar!

{marie} said...

i'm so glad you walked out the door instead of eating! you absolutely did the right thing. we have a tourney tomorrow too, so hopefully it will run smoother than your day. i had a "yelling freak out" at my family today. same type of thing. they can never be nice to each other. i ended up sleeping for about 2 hours because is was that or eat. just went to the new clint eastwood movie with j and madison...el torino....la torino....who knows. it was pretty good. the language was a little rough, but it was a good movie. i laughed a lot and needed that. hope tomorrow goes better for you. i will be in salem if you need to escape. i am brining a book and sitting in my bubble tomorrow too. hang in there. one more day and you are back to work. sometimes i don't know which is more stressful.